Where have these new user accounts come from?!

leedolman

Helloooo

I just looked in my Documents and Settings folder and alongside my account folder named "Lee" there is a new folder called Lee.N-VSVXEB91AW3BU :blink:

I also have these extra folders appeared.....

All Users.WINDOWS

Default User.WINDOWS

LocalService.NT AUTHORITY

NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY

I'm guessing the long code after my name is my PC's ID?

Just wondering how I've managed to get all these accounts?!

Working off a fresh Install of XP Pro with SP2 :)

Could it be because I installed XP without formatting the drive first, so it's Just installed over my previous install?

If so, is there anyway to rectify this, or is it just a case of reformatting and installing again?

Many thanks

because you just upgraded over the old install it left that information there, to get rid of it you will either have to go in through PE and delete the accounts or reformat and install fresh.

Just what fizban2 said...this happens when you do a reinstall without a reformat of the drive. It's because the SIDs for those built-in accounts are different and a profile for their user names already existed. In such a case, Windows XP (and even 2000/2003) will create a new profile and append either .WINDOWS, .DOMAIN_NAME (in the case of a domain account), .COMPUTER_NAME (in the case of a local user account), or .NT_AUTHORITY to the directory name.

It does not mean that there are user accounts with those exact names.