[Release] Windows Vista sound scheme.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys sorry to drag up an old thread, but I've just installed this pack and having some problems, it seems I've lost all of my windows system files, they have been replaced by the oh-so-lovely sounding internal pc beep :(

The site I downloaded the pack from was THIS ONE, which gave the home page as here. This is what I posted on that site:

"Installed and lost all windows sounds. Games and mp3's, movies etc all work fine, but cannot hear any windows sounds. Checked out Control Panel > Sound & Audio Devices, but the preview sound button is greyed out, so cannot select or preview any sounds. If I try to select the sound scheme from the drop down menu, it still doesn't work. Uninstalling + rebooting doesn't help either, I still don't have any sounds!!!"

any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated!!!

Scott.

EDIT: I also found the file available for download in another thread on msfn.org HERE

Edited by nuggett

Whatever link I tryied it say: Not Found

The requested URL /apps/vista-wav.zip was not found on this server.

Not Found

The requested URL /dvd/ccount/click.php was not found on this server.

and

Not Found

The requested URL ***** ***** ***** php was not found on this server.

so on.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm currently discussing with Andrew84 about releasing my MSI file with Vista sounds for XP / 2000

I've worked hard and long on this MSI package. It works for unattended installs and doesn't overwrite the current sound scheme. I've also added the WinNT, Win95, and Win98 Sound schemes, all selectable through the Sounds and Devices > Sound schemes.

As a bonus I have added some Vista backgrounds and screensavers, and all Desktop Themes for Win95 / 98 / NT / Plus! So the MSI package is rather large, mostly because of the themes.

I'm currently discussing with Andrew84 about releasing my MSI file with Vista sounds for XP / 2000

I've worked hard and long on this MSI package. It works for unattended installs and doesn't overwrite the current sound scheme. I've also added the WinNT, Win95, and Win98 Sound schemes, all selectable through the Sounds and Devices > Sound schemes.

As a bonus I have added some Vista backgrounds and screensavers, and all Desktop Themes for Win95 / 98 / NT / Plus! So the MSI package is rather large, mostly because of the themes.

Yes, hopefully we can come to something to release a great installer.

• 1 month later...

Came across this topic. I see no one has a mirror anymore? ofcourse the link I gave is no longer valid.

Here's a new link. The download contains the vista sound scheme, no updates since my previous post here. So it's only useful if you do not already have the soundscheme or lost it.

Make sure the Media folder is copied to %SYSTEMROOT%\Windows\ and add the contents of the regfile to your regtweaks.reg file that you call via cmdlines.txt (the registry entries must be done during T13 and via cmdlines is the way to do it).

%SYSTEMROOT% stands for C:\ in most cases.

Edit: sorry forgot the link, I updated post #20 with my new link:

http://ifile.it/2x6kdg7/soundscheme.7z

check post #20 for more info if you have problems

Edited by ZileXa