solve my fullscreen problem?

Woomera

ok ive posted a topic about this before.

when i fullscreened my powerdvd the video size remained 100% but the remaining screen was black.ijust downloaded the xp codec pac 1.3.3 with mpclassic 6.4.9 and i have the same problem.even tried reinstalling 1.2.4 but still wont work.my other plyers like VLC or MP10 works fine.

anyone knows how to solve this?

Edited by Gouki

The question is a bit hard to figure out, but...

Is it that when you try to make the video "Full screen", you get a black screen with the regular sized video in the middle? If you're using an LCD, or if this is a laptop, check your video drivers to see what they're set to do when in fullscreen mode. They may be set to "centered timings" or something of the sort.

Also, I had put the [how-to] tags in the XP Forums for guides (i.e. This is a guide on how to do *blah*), not to ask for help on how to do something. Let's just try to keep some consistency. :)

yeah my the problem is what you said.black screen with same size small video size.

sorry for how-to mark :whistle:

im using 81.98 nv driver.and i havent had this problem until i upgraded to mpclassic 6.4.9 and still dont have with other like the mpui or mp10.

any other suggestion?

In MPClassic, you have to set the Video Frame to either "Stretch to window" or "Touch frame from Inside/Outside".

If that doesn't seem to help, you can use the numeric keypad to resize the video(9 will make it proportionately larger, 5 will reset it).

I'm not familiar with PowerDVD, but it could possibly have the same option somewhere.

Well, now that we've narrowed down that it's not due to your graphics card, we can conclude that the problem either lies in the codec's settings and/or the media player's settings.

I am aware of the fact that you're having issues with multiple codecs, but if we can get at least one working properly, we'll be able to narrow the problem down even further.

Try popping in a DVD and rendering it with GSpot(http://www.headbands.com/gspot). What does it say your MPEG2 decoder is?

Nvidia's MPEG2 codec in particular is one that might have scaling issues in certain players(ie, in MPC, the video becomes 9:16 instead of 16:9, so you have to manually correct it).

Edited by teqguy

ok i tried one of my video files with gspot.here it is:

video srctype:MPEG1Payload

video path: (S) --> MPEG-1 Stream Splitter --> ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder --> ®

thats what you asked right?