Netgear Fa311/312 not supported in 2k3

Just a quick question if anyone wants to take a stab at it why do you think the all seeing M$ decided to drop the most used network card driver from 2k3???

After much searching i did manage to find one but just trying to get others opinions on why they think ms dropped it as far as i can remember this card was supported in 2k and XP without probs also if anyone can tell me where i can get a copy of the changes made to IIS as i really cant see any so if anyone knows plz let me in on the secret.

oh and 2k3 kicks booty finally m$ release something worth paying for have they all had brain transplants?? two good os's from the company who cant get nothing right!!! :)

Thats odd Aaron. Mine dident work at all!

THe second i poped in my 3com Tx it auto dectected and worked fine...

=Drew

Some of the FA311 cards that were manufactured were faulty and contained an incorrect model number in its BIOS. There is a BIOS flasher patch for the FA311 available on the Netgear site which you can put onto a bootable floppy disk. It's worth trying out anyway, because the flasher won't proceed if your FA311 BIOS is not faulty. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jhaislet

I wouldn't call the FA31x cards server quality. My Intel Dual Port Pro/1000 MT was detected just fine in Win2k3 :)

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Thanks for the info .. I had this exact same problem using a NetGear FA311 , I just regret not opening the server box before realizing Server 2003 somehow just chose the wrong card . I only had one card installed and it was the NetGear Fa311 however it had read it as a realtek RLT something .. Had I opend the box and jsut popped out the card to begin with I woulda saved myself a headache.

Heres a link to NetGears download site .

http://kbserver.netgear.com/support_details.asp?dnldID=52

I used V1.8 and it also worked perfectly . Just Unistalled the the card from device manager then re installed it and pointed it to the CD drive with the NetGear driver in it , worked perfectly ..

And sorry for bumping an old post .. Just wanted to say thanks though.

Thanks again ..