Want to change default wallpaper

Alright, this is not tested, yet by me. But I'm sure it's the answer to your question. I've actually wanted to do this myself, just never got around to looking for the answer till your question.

In your I386 folder find the file HIVEDEF.INF

Then, perform a Find (or the entry is just about to the bottom, up by about 30 - 40 lines) for DEFUALT_WALLPAPER=

and change that to what you want. The background picture should exist in your %windir%Web\Wallpaper folder though. Otherwise, there will be some error message I'm sure.

Ya, let me know. I tried it and it didn't work. :no: I'll look into more and let you know if I run into success. It's got to be something in that HIVE file though. I may not have pointed correctly to the file. I put the full path in there instead of just the name of the file.

They have some thing called Mod pe or some thing like that on the board that allows you to use modified

files during a window install. The other thing is that the image can only be 256 bmp I believe also.

Edit

Can someone help me with these last few bugs?

Reply for different thread, sorry my mistake.

Edited by gunsmokingman

I'm not sure this is exactly what you want, but I set the default wallpaper for my Default Users profile by setting HKU\.Default\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper to the location of my pic.

Also, the WallpaperStyle key sets Center or Stretch (0 or 2 respectively), and TileWallpaper is self-explanatory.

Again, I'm not sure if that's what you were after or if you wanted to define the wallpaper used during setup.

I think the easiest way to do this is to use a THEME file.

Just set everything up the way you want to. eg sound scheme, mourse cursor, window fonts, window size, theme and desktop background. Once this is to your liking, go to Display Propeties / Themes tab and choose SAVE AS. save the theme file and copy the theme file to your UA cd. When windows loads this theme file it will also load all the other options you have set,

Just add the following to your WINNT.SIF

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\MyTheme.theme"

That's exactly what i did, I created a theme and made sure the wallpaper

location from the theme was the same on the target install and, it worked perfect:

I first integrated the new Vista Ultimate theme

http://rapidshare.de/files/17686536/EHABFG...timate.cab.html

and then ran a js to run the msstyle file, worked perfect, this is the result

Screenshot

snap111xu.jpg

where on the ua install cd do i place the theme then?

i now have it in my $oem$\$1\install\theme\ folder, and added a line in my main_batch.cmd to copy the theme file to the right folder (\windows\resources\themes\) but then i thought: the winnt.sif file is executed before the main_batch.cmd file, so at that point, there is no theme.theme available...

Ok I'll share another thing but it costs $100, pay up :P

Delete BLISS.JP_ from I386

Copy your wanted Wallpaper .jpg to I386\BLISS.JPG << rename your paper to BLISS.JPG

Open a cmd prompt in the I386

makecab BLISS.JPG BLISS.JP_

Thats it :whistle:

Yeah you can probably cab it before you copy it, duh

Been using that for awhile

Edited by maxXPsoft