[Request] Windows Messenger 5.1

tjodrik

Since Windows Messenger is a part of Windows XP, I expected that someone had made an add-on for 5.1 to replace the one (4.7, right?) included in Windows, just as people have add-ons for WMP 10 to replace 9. But I can't find any.

Cool. Thanks! :thumbup

I was a bit surprised how easy it was, though. I assumed it would be more complicated since this version would have to replace stuff on the Windows cd. So how does it actually work? The old Messenger is installed normally in the XP installation, and then the new Messenger is installed late in the process, just as it would be seperately installed after a complete XP installation?

Would it be possible to slipstream Messenger 5.1? Maybe it was that I thought it would have to be.

this pack will instal win mess 5.1 from svcpack. actually is a silent installer. u can even remove the old messenger ...... :)

first i was thinking to make a pack that would slipstream it but i found out that is a little bit complicated.....so when i will get bored i will look in to it..... :P

Edited by boooggy

• 4 years later...

Hi boooggy

Is there any chance that you can send me the Windows Messenger 5.1.0715 svcpack addon,

please send to podney351@gmail.com thanks for the great work on the WMP11 addon as well.

Cheers :thumbup

found a true addon over at wincert, thanks anyway.

Edited by trippinferret