Help

Ok hope you guys don’t read this and make fun of me but. This is what I want to do... I want to make a boot CD that will install.

Windows XP Molp License with updates and patches

All our windows XP custom Settings

Then install custom applications

Then install Microsoft office 2003

I know there are guides and such on here I understand the nlite version and I can do that but once I get to the runoneex.cmd I just don’t get it ive never been going with any kind of scripting at all.. Is there any real simple way to do all of that...?

Please let me know..

Edited by minusbfold

Here's an example of my runonceex.cmd file that may help you get started or may generate some questions. Feel free to ask. Anyone else reading this...if you have any suggestions on how to make this better please feel free to chime in.

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Mapping Applications Share" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "net use z: \\<server>\<share> <password> /user:<domain>\<user> /persistent:no" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Mapping DTSVol Share" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "net use v: \\<server>\<share>\DTSVol <password> /user:<domain>\<user> /persistent:no" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\012 /VE /D "Mapping DTS Share" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\012 /V 1 /D "net use w: \\<server>\<share>\DTS <password> /user:<domain>\<user> /persistent:no" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 10" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "v:\Software\Microsoft\WindowsMediaPlayer\Version10\MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /R:N /C:"setup_wm.exe /Q:A /R:N\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.5" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "v:\Software\Adobe\AdobeReader7.0.5\Setup4MagicCD.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "Office 2003 Standard with SP1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "z:\Microsoft\Office2003StandardSP1\Setup4MagicCD.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "Outlook 2003 SP1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "z:\Microsoft\Outlook2003SP1\Setup4MagicCD.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Access XP Runtime Libraries" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "\"z:\\Access XP Runtime\\AccessRT.msi\" /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /VE /D "InstallShield Installation Engine" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "z:\InstallScript\isscript.msi /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\046 /VE /D "Macromedia Flash Player" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\046 /V 1 /D "w:\Public\Software\Macromedia\Flash\install_flash_player_active_x.msi /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\047 /VE /D "Macromedia Shockwave Player" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\047 /V 1 /D "w:\Public\Software\Macromedia\ShockwavePlayer\sw_lic_full_installer.msi /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\048 /VE /D "Macromedia Authorware plug-in" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\048 /V 1 /D "w:\Public\Software\Macromedia\Authorware7\authorware_web_player\authorware_web_player_installers\Authorware_Web_Player_Plugin.exe /Silent" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\049 /VE /D "Macromedia Authorware plug-in" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\049 /V 1 /D "w:\Public\Software\Macromedia\Authorware7\authorware_web_player\authorware_web_player_installers\Authorware_ActiveX_Web_Player_Installer.exe /Silent" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "FoxPro Runtime Libraries" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "\"z:\\FoxProRuntime\\FoxPro Runtime Libraries.msi\" /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "McAfee VirusScan" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "\"v:\\EPO Agent\\FramePkg.exe\" /Silent" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Clipart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "z:\OfficeXPClipart\Setup4MagicCD.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /VE /D "Joining the PC to the domain" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\join.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /VE /D "Adding Administrators" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\075 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\admins.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

Edited by exrcizn

Thanks..

Now when you put in

"z:\Microsoft\Office2003StandardSP1\Setup4MagicCD.cmd" /f

what is the z:\ drive ... that a network drive and also how does it find the keycode and custom setting information.. is that off of setup4magiccd.cmd

Edited by minusbfold

Now when you put in

"z:\Microsoft\Office2003StandardSP1\Setup4MagicCD.cmd" /f

what is the z:\ drive ... that a network drive and also how does it find the keycode and custom setting information.. is that off of setup4magiccd.cmd

yes, z: is a network drive and setup4magiccd.cmd contains the setup instructions for Office 2003. The contents of this file are:

cmdow @ /HID

\\<server>\<share>\Microsoft\Office2003StandardSP1\setupstd.exe TRANSFORMS=\\<server>\<share>\Microsoft\Office2003StandardSP1\STD.MST /qb-

I want it all to come off a DVD

This is the order I want it to go in

1.XP Pro sp2 - Already Done with nlite

2.Updates - Already Done with nlite

3.Office 2003

4.Flash

5.Shockwave

6. Ultra VNC

7. Adobe Reader

8. Cisco VPN Client

9. Spybot

If that is possible at all

Here's an example of an old runonceex.cmd file that I used before I put all my installs on the network:

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "TITLE FOR FIRST APP BEING INSTALLED" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\FIRSTAPPFOLDERNAME\INSTALL EXE OR MSI" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "TITLE FOR SECOND APP BEING INSTALLED" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\SECONDAPPFOLDERNAME\INSTALL EXE OR MSI" /f

EXIT

The cmdow @ /HID command at the top - now that I think about it I don't think it's needed in this file but you can use it in other files to hide the window from the user. To use this command find it (I can't remember where so I'll have to look that up too) and copy it to $OEM$\$$\System32 on your Unattended CD.

Create a folder for each of your installs in $OEM$\$1\Install on your UACD. This equates to the commands above where you see the "%systemdrive%\install\" entries. You can use the above exactly as it is but replace the capitalized text with your own. The first line tells the user what's being installed. The second line is the actual install line. You will want to include switches to make the install silent. You need the /f at the end of each line and you need to increment the statement numbers. I started with 5, then 10, and so forth.

Ok one thing that I dont understand is... Where do I add these lines like open up RunOnceEx.cmd Creator and just started adding each line indavidually and then save the file in the $oem$ folder. And since im going off a DVD will my system drive be displayed like this.

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "TITLE FOR FIRST APP BEING INSTALLED" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\FIRSTAPPFOLDERNAME\INSTALL EXE OR MSI" /f

Ad in D being the drive letter