How to make DVD From AVIs ?

Innocent Devil

If you seek for a "one-click" tool you could try the best one: DiKo (DivX In Kvcd Out).

The tool was originally coded to allow convertions from DivX/XviD/MPEG4 to KVCD/KDVD but nowadays you can input any "AVI" and have a fully compliant DVD output.

You can find it at http://www.vmesquita.com/en/diko.htm.

There are to versions, one is free and the other is commercial, but I think you'll do fine with the free one.

BTW, you should consider their BDVD format instead of the DVD format.

It is written in a DVD5, based on 720x576(PAL) or 720x480(NTSC) but with some tweaks that will greatly improve your encoded movie and will still play in every standalone DVD player.

And if you find any trouble you even have a forum to post your questions in English or Portuguese ;).

Those guys at vmesquita.com learnt from kvcd.net which is the landmark in VCD/DVD tweaking.

I'm only advising vmesquita.com instead of kvcd.net because at kvcd.net we don't allow discussions about DivX/XviD sources.

Cheers

Edited by rds_correia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I've some movies & Vieos in AVI format (Video:XVID, Audio:Ogg Vorbis) with subtitles in .srt format

Vorbis in AVI?...are you sure about that!? Don't you mean Vorbis in MKV or OGM?

• 1 month later...

get a codec package

get Gspot and use that to find out which codec your file use and if there is any marks on it.

Use Virtual Dub to rencode the media file and if you can remove the audio format from the file to rencode.

Encode the video file to a type that a DVD can read.

Get a wave editor that can read wavs and encoded it to a type that dvd can read. Personally if you are lookcing for stereo sound then I would checkout dolby encoding.

Use Virtual dubb with the rencoded video file that you are happy with and encode again without changing the video type but this time attach subs or whatever sound files. You can also have as many video files you want attached.

Then record the file to disc or emulate recording to bin and test in a VLC. If the file can play then you have a dvd.

Personally I suggest encoding so a VCD/VCD2 can read the files so you can play your file in any VCD based product even a regular DVD.

If you want to make chapters you will have to get a program that allows you to create points with background etc etc.

• 3 months later...