Outlook minimized as a small icon?

wessan

Hello!

I want to have my outlook express running all the time, but I think its annoying when the minimized square is

in the field with the other programs and maps I have opened...

Is there any way so that when I minimize OE it goes as a small icon in the activityfield... (that one left of

the clock)? Then it shouldnt disturb me... =)

thanks in advance..

/Wessan

Sweden

• 3 months later...

I've been looking into this for a while myself. While there are registry hacks for MS Outlook with Office to mimimise to the system tray it would appear that there's not one for Outlook Express. Third party software might be the only way...... argh!

unfortunately i thought i could help as title is for outlook, not outlook express.

never seen on for oe but they exist for outlook.

Sorry to gripe, but a clearer title helps a great deal, hence realgujju giving details for ms outlook 2003

• 1 month later...

http://www.r2.com.au/

HideOE v1.1.6

Released: 30th December 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever wanted the ability to hide Outlook Express or to minimize it to the sytem tray?

Now you can! Hide Outlook Express creates a Tray Icon, and allows you to show and hide Outlook Express by clicking the icon. It can also be set to hide Outlook Express when you minimize it.

Compatible with Windows 98/ME/2000/XP

And the same for Outlook 2000
HideOutlook v1.0.18

Released: 29th April 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever wanted the ability to hide Outlook or to minimize it to the sytem tray?

Now you can! HideOutlook creates a Tray Icon, and allows you to show and hide Outlook by clicking the icon. It can also be set to hide Outlook when you minimize it.

Compatible with Windows 98/ME/2000/XP