Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

And another fileset for the collection:

iQon Technologies

<SLPBIOS>iQon.ie,iQon.ie</SLPBIOS>

Added to my Oembios Repository. I'm also in the process of adding the names and links for all the manufacturers. This should help for the few OEMs that use cryptic strings for SLP.

hello, thanks for this great resource. ive been lost trying to read through all the posts in this thread.. where exactly are the instructions for adding the files from oembios.net into my next rvm cd?

• 3 weeks later...

hi i am trying to build a unatted cd for my friend as the hard disk failed and lost the hp_recovery partion, the information i got on a basic install of media center 2005 was

Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
Model: DT212A-ABU M487.UK
48502050 6176696C 696F6E20 303631

so how do i know what oembois set to use? i have tryed the 06D652A4 "HP PAVILION" set and it wtill requiers activation

how do i find out what one to use as this is a differant hard drive now and i no lonfger have any accsess to the orininal hard drive to find out the crc of the original oembois.bin file

I think you have the right OEMBIOS set but you can run this program to make sure. I think you have used the wrong key. The key on the COA sticker will not preactivate. You must use a SLP key. Here are some SLP keys that are appropriate for your brand.

>where exactly are the instructions for adding the files from oembios.net into my next rvm cd?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=63258

I think you have the right OEMBIOS set but you can run this program to make sure. I think you have used the wrong key. The key on the COA sticker will not preactivate. You must use a SLP key. Here are some SLP keys that are appropriate for your brand.

>where exactly are the instructions for adding the files from oembios.net into my next rvm cd?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=63258

Hi i have tryed to use the HYHV7----------------------- key but it still needs activating i dont know why im using a slp key with the 06D652A4 set

Hi i have tryed to use the HYHV7----------------------- key but it still needs activating i dont know why im using a slp key with the 06D652A4 set

Oem Activation mechanism works ONLY WITH A SLP key.

All unattended cd with oembios file use the SLP key ...

With your license directly on the notebook you must activate online or by phone even with a oemcd or any cd ...

Oem Activation mechanism works ONLY WITH A SLP key.

All unattended cd with oembios file use the SLP key ...

With your license directly on the notebook you must activate online or by phone even with a oemcd or any cd ...

i know but i thought that HYHV7----------------------- key was SLP key ,?? if not where can i find the key

i know but i thought that HYHV7----------------------- key was SLP key ,?? if not where can i find the key

You can use MGADIAG to determine if an installed key is a SLP Key. This forum's rules don't allow the posting of product keys.

You have the right key for HP Windows MCE. Assuming that OEMBIOS.EXE shows that 06D652A4 will work for your system you need to go into \WINDOWS\system32\ and c:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\ and take CRC's of the OEMBIOS files that are installed. If the CRC's don't match the ones from the original set then you have made the install CD wrong.

I have a question, Is it possible to still create a pre-activated copy of windows if you don't have

access to the required cd? My Compaq Presario didn't come with a recovery cd of any type so I

had to make one and one of the cd's got a few scratches so it doesn't work as it should... Anyone

have any suggestions on how I can create a oem activated copy of Windows xp?

Edited by Rebeldawg

Why not take the CD down to a place that offers scratch repair? They will let you know whether or not the scratches are fatal.

I've tried using a program called Badcopy Pro to scan the cds for errors and it reported a lot of errors on the first cd so

I'm sure there are probably a lot of errors on the other 5 cds as well..

• 1 month later...