Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

@jbm

Do you have the quotes in OEMSCAN.INI formatted propperly?

Otherwise you might get the "cat file corrupt error" as oemscan cannot find the specified files

should read like: (example)

[GATEWAY]
PATH=".\GATEWAY\"

The quotes are formatted correctly.

I made a UACD from a generic OEM disk and copied the oembios files into the i386 dir.

It installed XP ok. only problem is when I install nero I get an error saying it can't

register 2 xml files, but I can still burn disks. But if I install using the generic

oem disk it has no problems. The only difference between the two disks is the key and

the bios files. So I don't see how that would affect nero registering xml files.

The quotes are formatted correctly.

I made a UACD from a generic OEM disk and copied the oembios files into the i386 dir.

It installed XP ok. only problem is when I install nero I get an error saying it can't

register 2 xml files, but I can still burn disks. But if I install using the generic

oem disk it has no problems. The only difference between the two disks is the key and

the bios files. So I don't see how that would affect nero registering xml files.

I don't see what OEMSCAN has to to with Nero not registering files correctly?

To me it seems you screwed up re-building your UACD OEM disc. (components missing?)

To succesfully pre-activate Windows XP you need the 4 vendor specific oembios files and a valid OEM SLP (Not COA!) key.

I don't see what OEMSCAN has to to with Nero not registering files correctly?

To me it seems you screwed up re-building your UACD OEM disc. (components missing?)

To succesfully pre-activate Windows XP you need the 4 vendor specific oembios files and a valid OEM SLP (Not COA!) key.

actually OEMSCAN has nothing to do with my Nero problem. I'm running oemscan on the gateway

computer with original software. Which gets the cat file corrupt error. I extracted the

oembios files using getoemfiles.bat and the key using getkey.bat. Made my UADVD which gets

the nero problem when I install XP. Anyway its working and I have all the gateway crap off.

I'll try it again in the future, but for now I'm going to let it rest for awhile.

But I'd be interested if anyone else with this model of gateway has tried this.

Thanks for everyones help

Is it possible to make a universal WinXP CD with all OEMSCAN files to work on either Dell, eMachines, Sony, etc??

I work in a computer shop and have to do repairs and reinstalls all the time. I have/extract the correct SLP keys for the repair/reinstall, so that's not a problem. It's just that I had to make 8 separate CDs, one for Dell, eMachines, Sony, etc, with the appropriate OEMSCAN files. When Microsoft releases new updates each month, I'd prefer not having to recreate 8 discs every month.

I've patched the CDs as close to the original as possible with the latest windows updates and the OEMSCAN addons using RVMIntegrator. I didn't preinstall any SLP keys on the discs as I think that's not possible or very difficult using nLite without losing the windows repair feature which I really need too.

Anyway, back to my question again. Anyway to make one universal (Dell, eMachines, Sony, etc) WinXP OEM disc with all OEMSCAN files preinstalled and have it use the correct one based on what it finds in the BIOS during the windows install/repair?

Is it possible to make a universal WinXP CD with all OEMSCAN files to work on either Dell, eMachines, Sony, etc??

I work in a computer shop and have to do repairs and reinstalls all the time. I have/extract the correct SLP keys for the repair/reinstall, so that's not a problem. It's just that I had to make 8 separate CDs, one for Dell, eMachines, Sony, etc, with the appropriate OEMSCAN files. When Microsoft releases new updates each month, I'd prefer not having to recreate 8 discs every month.

I've patched the CDs as close to the original as possible with the latest windows updates and the OEMSCAN addons using RVMIntegrator. I didn't preinstall any SLP keys on the discs as I think that's not possible or very difficult using nLite without losing the windows repair feature which I really need too.

Anyway, back to my question again. Anyway to make one universal (Dell, eMachines, Sony, etc) WinXP OEM disc with all OEMSCAN files preinstalled and have it use the correct one based on what it finds in the BIOS during the windows install/repair?

That is exactly what oemscan was made for.

Okay, well, I now finally tried to download oemscan_v1.4.1.zip while I'm logged in, and can now get it properly. :) It looks like this has potential to do what I was looking for, but I guess it's not ready yet as it's missing a lot of files and configs need to be edited to make it a universal disc. I guess I'll need to do lots and lots of more reading. :(

Has anyone created an ADDON 7z multi-OEM file for use with RVM Integrator? Kind of like the file "OEMSCAN_ADDON_Sony_1.3.7z" but containing all OEMBIOS files?

Edited by Skawg

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lack of input over the last few months, but we've had funding problems here. :wacko:

I see this thread has slowed down abit, is that because we've more or less solved the problem ? Or is everyone starting to move on to Vista now ?

Anyway, I'm a little confused about if we still want/need computer reports. I'll post this one and hope i've worked it out by the time i get another. ;)

Manufacturer: alienware

Model: alienware

616C6965 6E776172 65

@Skawg

I don’t think anyone has done that (bandwidth I assume), you can add multiple OEMBIOS RVM addon’s together to create that effect or download OEMScan and populate the directories with files from http://www.oembios.net

@ZaForD

No, we don’t need computer reports anymore. They don’t yield any relevant information since OEMBIOS files aren’t linked to DMI information, but rather memory ranges in the BIOS. If you come across any OEMBIOS file sets not listed on www.oembios.net you can submit them.

With OEMScan & Siginet’s OEMScan RVM Integrator Addon’s the problem has been solved. I don’t think much has been done with Vista yet because to my knowledge no Royalty OEM’s have released Vista.

@xehqter,

Thanks for the info on the computer reports, i'll not bother collecting any more.

But, I've always got my eyes open for new OEM filesets. ;)

I've spent alot of today reading up on both OEMScan & Siginet’s RVM Integrator, i think, i've got them worked out. I guess i'll find out for sure next week. :D

I've seen and read a fair bit about installing and deploying Vista, most of which ignores OEM activation. But my guess is that'll change that in a couple of weeks. :yes:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...