Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

For late model products Compaq and HP desktops are constructed as an HP product and ship with 06D652A4. Compaq and HP laptops are constructed as a Compaq product and ship with CD4E1902. CD4E1902 often works on the desktops 06D652A4 rarely works on the laptops. Early models are more troublesome.

From the strings posted your laptop will take either. I recommend CD4E1902 to keep it as close to original as possible.

For late model products Compaq and HP desktops are constructed as an HP product and ship with 06D652A4. Compaq and HP laptops are constructed as a Compaq product and ship with CD4E1902. CD4E1902 often works on the desktops 06D652A4 rarely works on the laptops. Early models are more troublesome.

From the strings posted your laptop will take either. I recommend CD4E1902 to keep it as close to original as possible.

I see 06D652A4 on allot of 2004/2005 Compaq laptops that won't activate with CD4E1902

oembios.cat is used to identify the set NOT oembios.bin. Choose the file set that corresponds to the manufacture of your computer. HP is tricky, it could be either 06D652A4 or CD4E1902. If you want to know for sure download oemscan and run it in a command prompt. If it says that it matched “HP PAVILION” get 06D652A4 and if it says it matched Compaq or Hewlett get CD4E1902.

right i am still slightly confused..

i ran the vbs file and it said

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard 
Model: hp pavilion ze4900 (PJ947EA#ABU)
4865776C 6574742D 5061636B 61726420

but the oemscan said

Reading BIOS Memory

Matched: Compaq
Checking Authenticity of OEMBIOS files
CAT file currupt: C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\HPQ\OEMBIOS.CAT

the laptop is definatly a hp pavilion ze4900, so why has it said that it is a compaq, so what set do i use?

Based on these reports either CD4E1902 or 06D652A4 will work. I'd configure OEMScan to use 06D652A4 first because that set is closer to a universal HPQ set.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having trouble with RapidShare lately so I am moving my OEMBIOS repository to http://www.oembios.net. If there are any files that are no longer available on RapidShare that you need, just send me a PM and I'll make sure that they are available on the new site. (This site has just been launched and isn't even valid HTML but any browser should render it properly.)

Edited by Bezalel

• 4 weeks later...

Manufacturer: Packard Bell NEC

Model: iGo 2xxx

5061636B 61726420 42656C6C 204E4543

Dont know if this will make any difference, but this machine currently has installed an unactivated version of XP Home from Acer, so I hope it hasn't screwed up any readings.

• 3 weeks later...
oembios.bin = CC3FAECC

oembios.cat = C86378C7

oembios.dat = F13B3526

oembios.sig = 937CFC7B

Can you post CRC values of expanded oembios.* files?

The hashes are correct, do you have the expanded oembios.* files in the GatewayC (or what ever directory its assigned to) directory?

oembios.bin = CC3FAECC

oembios.cat = C86378C7

oembios.dat = F13B3526

oembios.sig = 937CFC7B

Can you post CRC values of expanded oembios.* files?

The hashes are correct, do you have the expanded oembios.* files in the GatewayC (or what ever directory its assigned to) directory?

No nothing is in GatewayC. I got the files using your getoemfiles.bat program.

I also downloaded the bios files from the repository to compare and they matched

what I had