Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

The SLP Strings for Gateway CRC set A04597C6 are ‘Gateway’ and ‘Gateway, Inc’

I think multiple SLP entries refer to the number of different locations the string could be located. Here’s a partial list for gateway (CSI is on), I tested a few of them and they worked. Ohh and the region scanned is E000:0000 - F000:FFFF not F000:0000 - F000:FFFF

These are the 32Bit addresses.

000fe840 = F000:E840 (16bit address)

... Censured myself :) never know how that data could be used.

Edited by xehqter

The SLP Strings for Gateway CRC set A04597C6 are ‘Gateway’ and ‘Gateway, Inc’

I think multiple SLP entries refer to the number of different locations the string could be located. Here’s a partial list for gateway (CSI is on), I tested a few of them and they worked. Ohh and the region scanned is E000:0000 - F000:FFFF not F000:0000 - F000:FFFF

These are the 32Bit addresses.

000e46c0 = E000:46C0 (16bit address)

000fe840 = F000:E840

List of addresses removed

The 23 SLP strings in the A04597C6 set are all "Gateway", "Gateway,Inc" does not appear in the set. Some of the addresses you listed are valid and some are not.

The actual region scanned is whatever the set specifies. The A04597C6 set searches through 2 256B regions and 21 32B regions. Since the regions are specified as 16 bit addresses any set that searches both the E000 and F000 offsets will have the same string listed twice (000EFFFF+1=000F0000 but E000:FFFF+1=E000:0000).

Edited by Bezalel

@Bezalel

Guess I’ll dig deeper into MGADiag’s code because the results you’re describing are different then mine. Sounds like you’ve been down this road before, any hint’s you’d like to throw?

The OEMBIOS sets contain records protected by multiple methods of encryption and validated with mutiple signatures. I'm not going to explain how it is encrypted or post the unencrypted records. Instead I will post the records from one of the sets with the SLP string masked.

fe00,0010,7,XXXXX
f000,ff00,0100,XXXXX
f000,8000,6000,XXXXX
f000,0000,FFFF,XXXXX

Each entry represents a range to search in and a string to search for (in this case all the strings are the same). There exist versions of this set with only the first 2 and 3 entries. I beleive that the first entry contains an entry error (Offset FE00) and no systems were produced with just the first entry. You can see from this example that manufacturers just append information to existing sets so their newer sets would still work on older systems.

Edited by Bezalel

OEMScan v1.21

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=82638

Validates the OEMBIOS.BIN/SIG/DAT files against the .CAT file before copying. If they're mismatched it won't copy them over.

Copies OEMBIOS.BIN/DAT/SIG to DllCache

Many thanks to severach for the help.

Shouldn't OEMBIOS.CAT be copied to DLLCache as well?

i believe DLLCache directory holds all 4 files, at least it does after a clean install using my original XP disc

edit, **** wrong topic :)

[fs]

Edited by FreeStyler

hello i have tryed this but it still wanted to activate, i am using a packard bell desktop, but as it was given to me foormated i just used an oem cd of xp pro and used a oem ligit cd key. any reasons why it wanted to activte still?

I used to oemscan tool to collect the necersery files and coped them to my install disk under the i386 folder? am i doing it right or have i missed something?

I used to oemscan tool to collect the necersery files and coped them to my install disk under the i386 folder? am i doing it right or have i missed something?

Some questions you need to answer.

1. Did the pc originally come with XP? (COA XP Sticker on the case?)

2. Did you use the COA key from that sticker or a SLP Key?

3. What OEMBIOS files did you use? (CRC of OEMBIOS.CAT?)

hello i have tryed this but it still wanted to activate, i am using a packard bell desktop, but as it was given to me foormated i just used an oem cd of xp pro and used a oem ligit cd key. any reasons why it wanted to activte still?

As far as I know it will not work with a regular OEM Windows Key. It must be a SLP key.

After two weeks of work I wrote an app to decrypt OEMBIOS.DAT files, here are the differences between A04597C6 and C86378C7. For the most part they both search the exact same ranges.

A04597C6

Checks F000:32F0 – F000:3310 (32bytes) for Gateway

Checks F000:3110 – F000:F130 (32bytes) for Gateway

C86378C7

Checks F000:3200 - F000:3220 (32bytes) for Gateway

Checks F000:0000 - F000:FFFF (32bytes) for EMACHINES

@Siginet

You're correct you need an SLP key not an OEM Key