Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

I just had another idea. Wouldn't it be possible to have this project use the svcpack method of install? Then it would be possible to use this even if it is not an unattended setup. ;)

Edit: Hmm... but then I guess the Royalty OEM Key would have to be inputed too.

Edited by Siginet

This I think would give a much better organization and also allow us to easily make it all 8.3 compliant. I would also suggest the project run from outside of the $OEM$ directory. Possibly in an "OEMBIOS" directory at the root of the disk. This way it can easily be implemented in a multiboot disk environment.

What do you guys think?

The next version will be 8.3 compliant, the files will be in directories named according to the CRC32 hash of the CAT file at the same level as the program file. If I ever deside to make archive files of the directories I'd use CAB because it's the easiest format to implement.

This I think would give a much better organization and also allow us to easily make it all 8.3 compliant. I would also suggest the project run from outside of the $OEM$ directory. Possibly in an "OEMBIOS" directory at the root of the disk. This way it can easily be implemented in a multiboot disk environment.

What do you guys think?

The next version will be 8.3 compliant, the files will be in directories named according to the CRC32 hash of the CAT file at the same level as the program file. If I ever deside to make archive files of the directories I'd use CAB because it's the easiest format to implement.

I can understand the choice to use cab files. It's not like 7zip or rar will be able to compress much more on these files anyways.

In the mean time do you mind if I put something together for people to use? vbs is much smaller in file size... but I am not very good coding in vbs. I also have managed to make some RVM Integrator addons that simplify the process of adding some of the manufacturer oembios files. I'll try to release a couple of them soon... it should give others a clearer idea on how this all works. ;)

Edit:

Bezalel has asked me not to release any modified code. So I respect his wishes and I will not.

Impatiently waiting for your next release Bezalel. :D;)

Edited by Siginet

Bezalel just gave me the ok to release a version of this project that I put together based on his ideas here. Thx Bezalel! :D It shouldn't be much longer and I will have something put together. It is almost finished... but I have a little more tweaking to do on it. The method I will be working on will be fully functional with the integrator. I will be releasing integrator addons that will set up your disks with the manufacturer oembios files.

My version is based off of his initial release.... so it would probably have the same issues. But it will still be a work in progress... So if a workaround is found... then it will get implemented. I do not want to bombard this thread with my version of this project though (as requested by Bezalel)... so let's keep the questions about it to a minimum for the time being. Once I release it I will post a link to my thread about it. I will also post a small tutorial on how people can make more Pre-Activation Addons.

Sry guys, but i'm working off of short term memory right now...

can someone refresh me how to grab the SLP BIOS string like this:

(Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System) or similar.

I seem to remember a batch file... but I can't remember for the life of me...

Thanks

Thanks

Run MGADiag and copy the results to the clipboard, the report will show the first 4 SLP strings. (The GUI doesn't show the strings.)

Thanks

Run MGADiag and copy the results to the clipboard, the report will show the first 4 SLP strings. (The GUI doesn't show the strings.)

Thanks.

Also just wanted to report this:

Emachine W2060 results:

Manufacturer: System Manufacturer
Model: Product Name
53797374 656D204D 616E7566 61637475 726572

However, it activates with the same oem files as the other Emachines that have been reported.

OK... as promised. I finished creating some RVM Integrator addons using my version of this project. Please feel free to check it out here:

http://siginet.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52

I decided to call it:

Siginet's OEM ACT

OEM Activation Control Technology

Sounds cool I think! LOL! :w00t:

The tool will be changed as better methods are thought of. But the way I coded it so far seems to work pretty well and leaves room for users to customize and make their own addons to share for others. This project is very confusing for most people... so I think these addons will help others get a chance to use it and help them understand how it actually works.

thanks again Bezalel! :thumbup

BTW... please discuss my version of this project in the thread I just posted to keep Bezalel's thread clean. And keep the System info coming folks! This project will only get better with more system info posted.

Edited by Siginet

With the information from Bazalel and FreeStyler I wrote OEMScan, It scans the bios (F000:0000) for a SLP string and if found disables Windows File Protection then copies the OEMBIOS files to their respective locations. I've tested it using the svcpack method and normal execution in windows.

Check It Out

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=82638

Jeremy

Edited by xehqter