Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

You already have 4 Home keys, that's 3 keys more than you need. Having the keys from each manufacturer is unnesasary and distributing keys is against the forum rules.

... I guess I'm at a loss and not understanding something. could you explain how I would use the existing keys that I have to install other OEM Home copies (ie: Sony, Gateway... etc) and still preserve the pre-activation?!

What?

Open your eyes and read a bit!

This already is discused in this topic.... you can use ANY royalty SLP key for EVERY Royalty OEM vendor

(HP key on Dell systems, acer key on gateway systems etc etc)

...whats so hard understanding?

Another two Medion PCs (Notebooks) and a Sony VAIO VGN-FE21H.

• Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
    Model: WIM 2050
    4D454449 4F4E5043
  • Manufacturer: MEDIONNB
    Model: WID2010
    4D454449 4F4E4E42 20202020 202020
  • Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
    Model: VGN-FE21H
    536F6E79 20436F72 706F7261 74696F6E

<EDITH>

P.S.:

Anyone who can help me with the full DMI report of a Sony?

</EDITH>

Edited by mittern8

I'll check it later this evening, but from a first look I'm quite shure they're different.

Groetjes naar de Nederlands. ;)

<EDITH>

Guess you already checked it yourself, didn't you? ;)

THANX 4 your help with the Sony MCE!

And, here comes another one, an ACER Aspire 1310

Manufacturer: Acer

Model: Aspire 1310

</EDITH>

Edited by mittern8

Guess you already checked it yourself, didn't you? ;)

Yup, after expanding the OEMBIOS files all had the same md5 hashes ;) (and thats good news :) )

@ Bezalel

Where do i add the extra line you posted a while back (to use only first 8 characters of the manufacturer hex string) in your script?

MfgHex=Left(MfgHex,8)

And this could easily be modded to use only the first 6 hex characters?, eg: the first 3 Manufacturer Charachters - like: HEW,DEL,MED,ACE,FUJ,ASU,IBM,SON etc etc.

Edited by FreeStyler

You already have 4 Home keys, that's 3 keys more than you need. Having the keys from each manufacturer is unnesasary and distributing keys is against the forum rules.

... I guess I'm at a loss and not understanding something. could you explain how I would use the existing keys that I have to install other OEM Home copies (ie: Sony, Gateway... etc) and still preserve the pre-activation?!

What?

This already is discused in this topic.... you can use ANY royalty SLP key for EVERY Royalty OEM vendor

Sry, I was under the impression that it wasn't legit to use say a HP SLP Key on a Non-HP System... or maybe I'm mistaken..... Edited by discountpc

What?

Sry, I was under the impression that it wasn't legit to use say a HP SLP Key on a Non-HP System... or maybe I'm mistaken.....

Guess, if you asked MS nothing we discuss here is completely legit :);)

Far as I'm concerned, if someone paid for the computer and it legitimately came with a royalty license then they're entitled to have the royalty version of the OS that they paid for on that computer. How it gets on there is irrelevant.

>discountpc: Sry, I was under the impression that it wasn't legit to use say a HP SLP Key on a Non-HP System... or maybe I'm mistaken.....

We can't be certain whether or not it's legit but I'd say not because every Royalty OEM including HP and Compaq is given different key even though it wasn't ever necessary. Mismatch keys as desired for personal experimentation but I wouldn't deploy anything wide scale or Microsoft will catch on and WGA them.

Edited by severach

>discountpc: Sry, I was under the impression that it wasn't legit to use say a HP SLP Key on a Non-HP System... or maybe I'm mistaken.....

We can't be certain whether or not it's legit but I'd say not because every Royalty OEM including HP and Compaq is given different key even though it wasn't ever necessary. Mismatch keys as desired for personal experimentation but I wouldn't deploy anything wide scale or Microsoft will catch on and WGA them.

This is exactly why I requested the specific ones. So that they would stay with their respective OEM Versions instead of mismatching them. If anyone is willing to help me on this issue, please PM me.

Hi bezabel

Sorry for my bad english and for my newbie question, but I am confused.

I had Samsung notebook with XP HOME.

Manufacturer: Samsung Electronics

Model: Aquila Slim Platform

53616D73 756E6720 456C6563 74726F6E 696373

I had copy files created by CollectFiles.rar and the files from activation.rar to the $oem$ folder of the CD.

I deleted OEMBIOS.BI_ OEMBIOS.DA_, OEMBIOS.SI_ from the CD and I removed all lines referencing any of the OEMBIOS files (including OEMBIOS.CAT) from txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf.

I had rebuild XP HOME CD. After install this to other pc still give me to activate. What is wrong?

The contents of my $OEM$ directory is:

53616D73756E6720456C656374726F6E696373.BIN
53616D73756E6720456C656374726F6E696373.CAT
53616D73756E6720456C656374726F6E696373.DAT
53616D73756E6720456C656374726F6E696373.SIG
cmdlines.txt
CreateBatFile.vbs
RestoreOEMFiles.bat
RestoreOEMFiles.tmp
smbios2.exe

Hi bezabel

Sorry for my bad english and for my newbie question, but I am confused.

I had Samsung notebook with XP HOME.

Manufacturer: Samsung Electronics

Model: Aquila Slim Platform

53616D73 756E6720 456C6563 74726F6E 696373

I had copy files created by CollectFiles.rar and the files from activation.rar to the $oem$ folder of the CD.

I deleted OEMBIOS.BI_ OEMBIOS.DA_, OEMBIOS.SI_ from the CD and I removed all lines referencing any of the OEMBIOS files (including OEMBIOS.CAT) from txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf.

I had rebuild XP HOME CD. After install this to other pc still give me to activate. What is wrong?

The contents of my $OEM$ directory is:

53616D73756E6720456C656374726F6E696373.BIN
53616D73756E6720456C656374726F6E696373.CAT
53616D73756E6720456C656374726F6E696373.DAT
53616D73756E6720456C656374726F6E696373.SIG
cmdlines.txt
CreateBatFile.vbs
RestoreOEMFiles.bat
RestoreOEMFiles.tmp
smbios2.exe

@pktman

The PC your installing your rebuild XP Home on has to be from the "samsung" brand to succesfully activate

PS, Can you plz post MD5 hash for your samsung OEMBIOS.BIN?