Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

:w00t:

I have a working solution for Royalty OEM RIS install.

If you delete one of the oembios files from the system32 folder will SFC restore them from the dllcache or will it connect to your RIS and get the generic files?

no, i believe the opposite is true and the benefit of such method will be greater then its limitations...

I'll try to explain...if you search manufacturer strings for example "Dell" or as hex "44656C6C" you would have a more variable system that should work on various types of Dell Systems.

OK. its on my todo list but it won't be implemented until after I implement CRC32.

The next version will be written in Visual Basic. The collection portion will be a wizard written in version 2005 and the deployment portion will be written in version 5.0 with no UI.

I've put together a nice little MD5 function in VB2005 if you don't mind using that instead of CRC32.

I prefer CRC32 because it would avoid long filenames even though its not as unique as MD5. I have a CRC32 function from freevbcode.com but haven't tested it fully

Ok, well just let me know if you want to bounce around any ideas. I'm (hopefully) close to releasing the first beta of a utility I've working on for install source preparation and this thread topic is something I'd love to include in it.

If you're interested in seeing what I've got so far just send a PM.

Manufacturer: BENQ
Model: JoyBook 2100E
42454E51

Manufacturer: Gateway
Model: 3250SB CTO PC
4761746 5776179

Manufacturer: Founder
Model: Founder PC
466F756E 646572

OEMBIOS files that are still on my "wanted" list:

• Gateway
  • Packard-Bell
  • NEC
  • LG

Edited by FreeStyler

@FreeStyler,

I hoping to got a set of Parckard Bell OEMBIOS files this weekend, i'll let you know if thery turn up.

Packard Bell and NEC PC's are the same over here in the UK, so the files maybe interchangeable ? :unsure:

And FYI, I tried the DMI trick on a Gateway it worked the same as on the HP's. It needed the /sm and /bm switches to work.

I also tried it on an Evesham laptop which has an "Insyde Software" BIOS, but it kept generating a 'Floating Point Error' when i tried it. :(

I also tried it on an Evesham laptop which has an "Insyde Software" BIOS, but it kept generating a 'Floating Point Error' when i tried it. :(

This probably means they have "locked" that BIOS string, had this same issue with a INTEL board the other day

Edited by FreeStyler

sorry for newbie questions..

first of all.. let me paste my details

Manafacturer: Acer

Model: Aspire 5500

41636572 2020202020 20202020 20202020

i wish to install clean windows by not using the recovery cd as it recovers together will hell lot of utilities which i don't need. I tried to do clean installation with OEM windows home cd and used back the preactivated key in my preinstalled windows but i'm still required to activate..

i've used the collectoemfiles to collect the signatures and those... does that tmean after i reinstall with clean winxp i just have to overwrite those file to keep my windows preactivated? or what? i don't really understand on the procedures... can somebody please pm me with the clear steps? and also.. that is T9 T12 T39 blah blah?

please help me... i've been searching the net for this for a long time but can't ifnd a solution. thanks in advance

i wish to install clean windows by not using the recovery cd as it recovers together will hell lot of utilities which i don't need. I tried to do clean installation with OEM windows home cd and used back the preactivated key in my preinstalled windows but i'm still required to activate..

This thread is intended for people who have PCs from multiple manufacturers. If you only have one computer or all of your computers are from the same manufacturer see http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=63258 for information relevant to your situation.

Manafacturer: Acer

Model: Aspire 5500

41636572 2020202020 20202020 20202020

Bezalel, above is another example of one which ads multiple spaces after the innitial string, as Acer = 41636572 all 2020202020 20202020 20202020 are useless

MfgHex=Left(MfgHex,8)

Where could this be added in your script?

So adding this, it will check for strings like: Acer, Hewl , Dell , Comp , Tosh, Leno etc etc ?

BTW, you told you removed all references of oembios.* files from dosnet.inf en txtsetup.sif and removed all oembios files except oembios.ca_ from /I386 folder

What happens if smbios2 can not find matching "oembios" for current install? shouldn't we insert a default set for whenever smbios2 can not find any oembios files matching the System Manufacturer hex-string

Edited by FreeStyler

BTW, you told you removed all references of oembios.* files from dosnet.inf en txtsetup.sif and removed all oembios files except oembios.ca_ from /I386 folder

What happens if smbios2 can not find matching "oembios" for current install? shouldn't we insert a default set for whenever smbios2 can not find any oembios files matching the System Manufacturer hex-string

Not having any OEMBIOS files has the same effect as having the generic files. If you still want to have the generic files you can put them in \$OEM$\$$\System32.

Can't i just leave to original "dell" set left in place (both in /i386 dir as in dosnet, txtsetup, doesn't it get overwritten by smbios2 command at t9 of the installation process?

SFC runs a full scan at T-9. If you leave the origionals where SFC can find then they will be restored.

Can't i just leave to original "dell" set left in place (both in /i386 dir as in dosnet, txtsetup, doesn't it get overwritten by smbios2 command at t9 of the installation process?

SFC runs a full scan at T-9. If you leave the origionals where SFC can find then they will be restored.

Ah, ok...we do not want that ;)