I finally installed my Watercooling!

Crispy

Yes, it true! Its humming right now! ... The kit I installed is the Swiftech "H20-8500™ SERIES LIQUID COOLING KITS" pictured below:

H20H80-COMPLETE%20KITX350.jpg

Of course I took some time making allot (a total of 45) shots with my very unreliable digital camera. It’s actually so unreliable that it managed to corrupt all the images!! ... Staring angry at the little beast I managed to take the 4 images that are below... Sorry about the quality, but due to the lack of space I was only able to hold the camera ~25cm from the case.

Image 1 | Image 2 | Image 3 | Image 4

I'll report back later with temperatures etc. But the impression so is that the kit is indeed very high quality! The Fill and bleed system works flawlessly, so filling the kit is as easy as pie :D ... and ohhh! The blue metallic looks great too :)

Ok, enought about cooling. I got my SPV today too! and for those who don't nkow it its a phone powered by the Microsoft Smartphone 2002 OS. (For people that just can't get enought of M$, like me) ... Some people say its ugly, other says it filled with bugs (well that one is true) and others say its to complicated. I say: Features, free software, nice screen and loads of games!

ill_spv.gif

... and my current backdrop:

dreamer.jpg

Ok, you can all envy me now! :rolleyes::D

I bought some of the stuff for the cooling second-hand. Totally it costs me around 300$ with UV-water stuff, custom lownoice fans and tubing. I paid around 185$ for the SPV, also second-hand.

...and to answer that Aaron, the valve at the end of the resovoir was driping at first, but nothing some brute force could'n fix :) ... All the joints that came with the kit are rock-solid! The resovoir-valve is "homemade technology", and I don't really know if its designed for 1/2" tubing. As of now Im running with the Cabi open in case of small leaks due to the extra presure that builds when the water is heated, but as of now it has been running for 3 hours without any problems.

nice!

but let me know how that res works for you... me, id be afraid to lay something opened ended like that down in my case.

I looked at the swiftech stuff, but the tubing connections made me leary... i needed some old fashion clamps on my hoses to make me feel better :)

how are your temps compared to before?

Very nice Crispy,I have a hunch that you will be overclocking that P4 aggressively.

Actually I have a crappy VIA based card on which you can't lock the PCI/AGP bus. So it will at max do FSB = 150mhz! ... and then not even 100% stable!

I have a Chieftech Dragon case :)

Ive seen 2 threads about people doing this but what I been woundering is the temps compared to before. You have any?

Running my P4 2.4B @ 2.7 (150mhz FSB) It gives me ~33C when idle and ~40 when running at full load. Mind that I have a 2.7L resovoir, which is HUGE when were talking PCs, and that of course helps keep the temp down.