[Release] XPize MCE 4.3

XPero

yea viva, i said it gives error...

my mmc version is 3.0, as screenies i posted says...

I know it is 3.0, can you please double click mmc.exe, click properties and check the complete version number? thanks

@mrnxdmx, np.

@XPero, see what I mean with qfecheck? According to Ryan nothing _should_ be wrong. I suppose there isn't any way to avoid this, since the checksum is now checked of the corresponding files.

It actually confuses me a lot more that QFECheck used to not complain. The way QFECheck works (or so I thought it did anyway) is that it checks the registry to see what files have been updated and what their checksums are. It then checks for that file in the location specified and also verifies that the file's checksum is in the Windows File Protection database (which is why QFECheck will fail if you don't install the CAT files for a hotfix).

Since XPize is changing the files around, it should be changing the checksums of the files and hence QFECheck should be complaining. However, there's only one reason I can think of for why it wouldn't complain. I know it's possible to compute the checksum independent of the header (so that the computer checksum can be stored in the file without changing the resulting checksum). If all XPize is doing is changing the header files (I'm not sure if icons and bitmaps are considered part of it or not, but a quick experiment with modifyPE would say for sure real quick), it's very possible that the checksums aren't changing.

Of course, if that's the case, ViVa shouldn't be having problems and we have more cause for confusion :P.

EDIT: I just did the test. XPize most definitely changes the checksums of the files it patches.

Edited by RyanVM

wich file do i have to install from the pack so that it could change the "copying" or "moveing" animation ? .... a program changed the animation to it's original one, and i would like to install only the necesary file, not the entire pack all over again.. thx

Edited by surcix

wich file do i have to install from the pack so that it could change the "copying" or "moveing" animation ? .... a program changed the animation to it's original one, and i would like to install only the necesary file, not the entire pack all over again.. thx

Shell32.dll holds most of the animations (the one you ask for included).

• 3 weeks later...
I have finished Integrating RVMUpdatePack2.0.5.cab, mind if someone make a XPize MCE 4.3 addons please!!

Thank you, More power to XPize!

XPize is fully compatible with nLite hotfix integration. Simply select it as you do with an ordinary hotfix.

I have finished Integrating RVMUpdatePack2.0.5.cab, mind if someone make a XPize MCE 4.3 addons please!!

Thank you, More power to XPize!

XPize is fully compatible with nLite hotfix integration. Simply select it as you do with an ordinary hotfix.

Which one should I use XPize 4.3 MCE or XPize 4.3 MCE Lite?

Btw XPero I would to ask some questions about that Windows Installer in XPize 4.3 MCE Lite

If I install in windows installer and make ISO does that means that when I finish install the XP the XPize 4.3 MCE Lite is already installed? :unsure:

Please reply?