Vista Screenshots

Gouki

I wanted to post this yesterday, however, since this was on the first page of Slashdot, I didn't expect it up and running today. Posting something there is just like asking for a DDoS.

New screenshots of Windows Vista are available here.

Microsoft released a new build of Windows Vista to beta testers. Flexbeta has got some screenshots. Included in this build is an extensive collection of drivers and the exclusive sidebar. Glass is also a feature that we all have come to respect and love, along with the 3D flip. The official version number is 6.0 Version 5342.winmain_idx04.060321-1730. Internet Explorer 7.0 is build Version 7.0.5342.2. Nice features include a new 'Paint' and needed redesigned network center.

If you ask me ... to many eye candy!! Not really my thing .. Still, pretty nice!

No, everyone here is going to buy it. Why? :huh: Because we are all interested in computers. There are the majority however, that are not all that interested. Maybe email and some Web browsing, and only ever using the programs that come with the computer.

Those PC specs are the same as my PC, with the exception of the graphics. Mine is integrated 64 Meg max. But I was expecting not only to have to buy Vista but a new graphics card and additional 1 Gig of ram.

Also, it looks like I will have to buy the Home Premium or something to get the AERO GUI. That gets me Media Center too, which I do not particularly want.

Did you saw the score that machine got? 3 out of 5?!!

I'm gonna keep with my good ol' XP.

Yes, he get a low grade mostly because of "low" graphic card memory which is 128MB of RAM, OMG :lol:

I share Tarun's opinion. My machines are up to the job (except one old box I run Linux), still, I will not be upgrading to Vista as soon as it comes out.

I will definatly try it, however, it will be on a test machine. My main computers will all run XP (until 2008 at least).

Edited by Gouki

If you ask me ... to many eye candy!! Not really my thing
I agree. It just gets more distracting and at first it looks nice but then it's more of an irritation afterwards, just more bloat. I especially detest the "glass" look that everything seems to be taking on. It's too much.

Why can't M$ stick with plain flat rectangular windows that don't require much processing power to use?

Why can't M$ stick with plain flat rectangular windows that don't require much processing power to use?

If you turn off the AERO GUI then I believe that's what you're left with.

It may even be that the AERO GUI can be left out of the build, like a component in WinXP today, and not even be present on the HD, by the time Vista goes gold.

Andy

Everyone here is going to buy it? Speak for yourself please.

I'm not in any rush to upgrade to Vista, even though my machine is still top of the line.

You have a top of the line machine to run it with new graphics drivers. You are overkill on XP, your machine is licking it's lips for VISTA :P

I share Tarun's opinion. My machines are up to the job (except one old box I run Linux), still, I will not be upgrading to Vista as soon as it comes out.

I will definatly try it, however, it will be on a test machine. My main computers will all run XP (until 2008 at least).

If you are definitely going to try it, won't you have to BUY it? :o

If you turn off the AERO GUI then I believe that's what you're left with.

It may even be that the AERO GUI can be left out of the build, like a component in WinXP today, and not even be present on the HD, by the time Vista goes gold.

Andy

If you buy Windows VISTA HOME BASIC it does not come with AERO. :w00t:

Everyone here is going to buy it? Speak for yourself please.

I'm not in any rush to upgrade to Vista, even though my machine is still top of the line.

You have a top of the line machine to run it with new graphics drivers. You are overkill on XP, your machine is licking it's lips for VISTA :P

My machine is not a living object, it is inanimate. I put on what I want and remove what I want to be rid of. I would rather have a top of the line, extremely well performing Windows XP machine that does everything I want, than to take a chance with Vista.

If you are definitely going to try it, won't you have to BUY it? :o

Actually, no. I will not buy it. I'll wait for a BETA release close to the FINAL (since I haven't yet tested it. I'm saving it for a BETA more close to final).

Edited by Gouki

i love the idea of vista, BUT! its just such a huge upgrade hassell! If you are going to buy vista when it comes out (if it ever does <_< ) buy a computer new with vista allready on it, that way you know it will meet up to the hardware requirements!

Ps: did they get rid of pinball in vista? i dont see it in the games menu