:realmad: [help] xp startup hangs

sgshao

Hi,

I've been searching but no answer yet, hope your experts could give me some hints. Here is my question.

Recently, I bought a cheap IDE ATA133-R raid card(it is using Silicon 0680a chips.) for my old P-III desktop (mobo is Gigabyte GA-6VX7-4X). Following the user manual, I had my card installed and connected my two old HDs to it. I gave a full fresh XP installation. I could catch the "F3" screen and setup RAID 0 array. I also got F6while XP installation prompt for third party SCSI drivers, it was accepted correctly as "Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid Controller". After the whole installation, the system asked for a reboot. But it NEVER come back then. I mean it always showing the Windows XP welcome logo with the small scrolling bar rolling forever.

Well, I thought it might be something wrong of my installation. But I did it twice for XP installtion and once for Windows 2000 with the same stupid starting problem. I thought it might be wrong with my harddisk, but they are OK. I thought it might be the raid card driver, so I downloaded the latest one directly from Silicon website reinstall it, but the problem still. Also, there is only one way I could get my XP started is to disconnect HDs from the RAID card (no drivers on it now). The windows runs flawlessly and I checked control pannel -> system, the card is installed properly.

So WHAT IS THE PROBLEM is my question, pls help me. Thanks for your time.