having problem uninstalling some program

jackie

Alright. Would you mind running the latest test release (60326a) and provide me with your ERROR_REPORT.TXT, HFSLIPWU.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF files? I suggest you compress them together.

After that, please run 60326a again but choose merging option A, B or C and install that. I need to know if the problem really lies with the "non merging"...

Thanks.

Edited by Tomcat76

A few comments...

WindowsMedia10-KB911565-x86-ENU.exe

WMP10 is not in your HF folder so you might have problems including this update. I'll leave that up to you.

WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-enu.exe

This is not needed for a slipstreamed SP2 install. Are you having problems when you don't include it?

WindowsXP-KB893066-v2-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB894391-x86-ENU.exe

Both of these are replaced by newer hotfixes, KB913446 and KB902400 to be exact.

See if you still get problems after (re)moving those hotfixes.

I'd like to have a look at your winnt.sif file if that's OK. Remove the key if it's specified.

Do you remember what the BSOD said? Any reference to a file?

Edit:

One more thing... Can I have a DRVINDEX.INF file from the SOURCESS folder created with 60207b (non merged) and the DRVINDEX.INF from the SOURCESS created with a newer version (non merged)?

Edited by Tomcat76

i normaly slipstream wmp10 using nlite and never caused me any problem.

i will remove those three hotfixes and try again without them and let you know. i had no idea they were replaced

i am at work right now so i get you the files that you asked for later on when i get home.

thans for the help

You can let HFSLIP take care of slipstreaming WMP10 since you're running an English version. There's an English WMP10 addon you can download over at the RyanVM forums. It goes in the HFAAO folder. I never tried it myself but there's nothing in the configuration file that HFSLIP can't handle. Note: it contains wmcsetup.exe plus a couple of hotfixes so you can remove these from your HF folder.

i use the wmp10 addon pack just never trid it using hfslip, i sure will now that i know how.

i have been using the same set of program and tweaks in all of my cd's so i was pretty sure they were not causing the problem that i had so i just ran the latest 60326f and using merge and no merge option they both seems to be OK now

per your request here is the drvindex file from both no merge 60207b and the no merge 60326f

Thanks again

DRVINDEX.7z