Can i ever make my current windows install as fast as an nlited instal

xboxhaxorz

Since i already have a current windows installation on my machine and i recently got into nlite for my others i was just wondering can i ever make it as fast or optimized as an installation of xp that has been nlited.

So far i pretty much have just only used tweakxp and made it a bit faster than it used to be before.

There are several things that anyone can do to speed up both startup and shutdown.

I do a lot of things during boot-up on my PC and still it's up in 20 sec's.

Shutdown is as good. Takes all of 8 sec's.

If you're interested, get my Care Package Here.

Unzip it and read the instructions sheet.

XP is terribly bloated with Un-Needed services and TSR's.

After you've shut down all the totally Redundant Services, go into MSCONFIG/Startup and disable all those little programs that you don't absolutely need.

That's a good place to start,

Good Luck,

Andromeda43

Having ample ram and keeping your HD clean and Defragged helps a lot too.

Hello all im new here and i just downloaded the care package for winxp from andromeda43. I installed the service-stop batch, now how do i go about restoring my previous settings ,or removing that batch file ..

Thanks

I installed the service-stop batch, now how do i go about restoring my previous settings ,or removing that batch file ..

Do you even know what a batch file is? Or do you know what services are?

A batch file is nothing but a list of DOS commands that will do "something". YOU DON'T install it, you run it.

You Don't remove a batch file. It ran, it shut down about a dozen usless Services and it ended. Finis!

If you think you must turn those usless Services back on just do a Registry Restore.

That will put everything back the way it was. (heaven forbid)

Maybe it would be better if you'd understand what you're doing before you do it. That could save you a lot of problems later on.

That Care Package is for those who have some knowledge of what they are doing, and how windows works.

cheers

Edited by Andromeda43

I installed the service-stop batch, now how do i go about restoring my previous settings ,or removing that batch file ..

Do you even know what a batch file is? Or do you know what services are?

A batch file is nothing but a list of DOS commands that will do "something". YOU DON'T install it, you run it.

You Don't remove a batch file. It ran, it shut down about a dozen usless Services and it ended. Finis!

If you think you must turn those usless Services back on just do a Registry Restore.

That will put everything back the way it was. (heaven forbid)

Maybe it would be better if you'd understand what you're doing before you do it. That could save you a lot of problems later on.

That Care Package is for those who have some knowledge of what they are doing, and how windows works.

cheers

What i ment to say was run the batch file ..and that i didnt want to go searching for the 11 services you disabled (in your batch file) but i did it anyway ,and restored what i needed .I think you should list what your batch files consist of (what services are turned off in this case)NOT JUST ASSUME its good for every 1 ..!

Cheers