[H]- Opera and Rich Text Editor

alsiladka

:( For me opera has never allowed rich text editor while posting replies or topics.

I have put up this question with the Opera Developer team loads of times in their weekly build blog. Atlast yesterday one of them answered me -

" the site needs to stop blocking Opera from using the rich text editor."

I guess this means that now opera supports rich text editing if the website allows opera to do so.

Now my main Ques is , is this something IPB controls or the Admins can change this? :unsure:

I am an Opera user and it is very troublesome without the rich text editor. Can anything be done about it please?

Edited by alsiladka

This is not something the admins can change, it needs to be reported in invisionpower's forums. Did you post this there yet?

And yes, opera9 supports rich-text editing, the workaround is to use it on this site by "mask as IE".

(right-click page >> Site prefs >> Network >> Browser ID >> dropdown)

Wov prathap that was cool , was not aware of it till now !! :thumbup

Coming back to topic , how can i post it in there forum ? Mind guiding me .

:blushing: Or can someone with some influence on that board do this , it would create more of an impact.

@prathapml, I tried that buddy but I'm still not able to use HTML editor on that forum we spoke about..
The forum you mention is something else, based on ASP, so its definitely not relevant here (msfn is IPB with PHP). :P

alsiladka,

It works for me here, including smilies. Perhaps you have a mis-configured opera profile, due to all the weekly upgrades? :)

@prathapml, I tried that buddy but I'm still not able to use HTML editor on that forum we spoke about..
The forum you mention is something else, based on ASP, so its definitely not relevant here (msfn is IPB with PHP). :P

Yup, but MSFN has never been an issue to me, it works fine with Opera even if my identity isn't changed..

• 2 weeks later...