What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?

What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?  

1,070 members have voted

1. 1. What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?

• AntiVir
    • Avast
    • AVG
    • BitDefender
    • ClamAV
    • eTrust
    • F-Prot
    • Kaspersky
    • McAfee
    • NOD32
    • Norton
    • Symantec
    • Trend Micro
    • Other - ?
    • None!

Hello Martin,

You're welcome, thanks too for your reply :)

I think it all depends on how careful you are while surfing the net and/or downloading suspicious files without check them first. When I 'tested' NOD32 I was playing around myself on the side of a "naive user whom download from internet just anything he finds there".

In this scenario, I found out that other AVs can do a better job finding malware than nod32.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

It seems Avast does and it's pretty good although not the fastest AV out there but that might just be issues they are having with Vista. It was fine when I was using XP. I would not recommend AVG even though it does support 98. It has many false positives and does not catch in the wild viruses. In other words next to useless. Anyone who says it's good has just managed to avoid downloading anything dodgy. Virus Bulletin and AV comparatives both concur on this and I've heard many colleauges confirm also. Avoid like the plague (pun intended ;) )

• 2 weeks later...
what is NOD?

Since this is an anti-virus software thread, then what do you think NOD32 is... A defragger maybe :rolleyes:

For the future, then please use google instead of asking questions like that...

Edit: Doh! Sorry guys, i was at the end of the second-last page and thought that it was the last page, but which i now see that it wasen't and hence, that i was way to late with my comments :blushing:

Hmm, pretty embarissing and ironic to go and correct other peoples mistakes while at the same time making mistakes myself :whistle:

Edited by Martin H

I strongly recommend Kaspersky Internet Security 7. :thumbup

Care to tell us why? Or are you expecting everyone to just go out and get it based on your 'strong' recommendation?!

Sorry haven't had my coffee yet this morning!

I strongly recommend Kaspersky Internet Security 7. :thumbup

Care to tell us why? Or are you expecting everyone to just go out and get it based on your 'strong' recommendation?!

Sorry haven't had my coffee yet this morning!

- a perfect working scanner

- good heuristic and

- proactive defense

- updates once per hour

- great support

- easy user interface

- clearly network monitor

- nice firewall

- supports x64 OS

- good system performance

etc.

Edited by korn2007

A perfect scanner? Really? Wow! That's gotta mean spot on no false-positives. Last I heard the only AV product that managed to pull that off was Symantec.

Even though you indicate many valid points as to why Kaspersky is a great product, you seem like another biased fan.

I do not use anti-virus software as I have no use for it. I'm smart enough with what I do to not get infections in the first place.

If something goes wrong, I just have to reboot, pop in my Acronis Rescue Media, restore and there I go.

One could also use DeepFreeze or Rollback RX.

A perfect scanner? Really? Wow! That's gotta mean spot on no false-positives. Last I heard the only AV product that managed to pull that off was Symantec.

Even though you indicate many valid points as to why Kaspersky is a great product, you seem like another biased fan.

I do not use anti-virus software as I have no use for it. I'm smart enough with what I do to not get infections in the first place.

If something goes wrong, I just have to reboot, pop in my Acronis Rescue Media, restore and there I go.

One could also use DeepFreeze or Rollback RX.

Ok, a very good working scanner. You use Acronis TI. I love it. Looking forward to version 11. I am beta tester. :lol: Great new features will be added in version 11.