What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?

What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?  

1,070 members have voted

1. 1. What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?

• AntiVir
    • Avast
    • AVG
    • BitDefender
    • ClamAV
    • eTrust
    • F-Prot
    • Kaspersky
    • McAfee
    • NOD32
    • Norton
    • Symantec
    • Trend Micro
    • Other - ?
    • None!

Mc Afee for me.

At home, i dont use any anti virus software. If you know what are you doing and have microsoft update regularly, i dont think you need AV.

At my workplace, we user Mc Afee. It's a champ i reckon.

• 2 weeks later...

Panda Internet Security 2007 Platinum

I hate that piece of software. Even if the anti-virus portion may be effective, the interface is hell and the popups never-ending.

As long as I have a SAFE computer I don't care about the interface. Yeah, it may look ugly but when you buy a great looking internet security program that has NO features, don't come crying to me when you have 1,000 viruses on your computer. All because of your stylish internet security. Yeah I guess panda sucks, if you're an id***. :thumbup

As long as I have a SAFE computer I don't care about the interface. Yeah, it may look ugly but when you buy a great looking internet security program that has NO features, don't come crying to me when you have 1,000 viruses on your computer. All because of your stylish internet security.

It has nothing to do with style. It has to do with some basic issues. For one, you can't turn off the firewall without it ALWAYS popping up. There are no options to disable popup notifications either. There's a complete lack of control when using Panda.

Yeah I guess panda sucks, if you're an id***. :thumbup

True idiocy comes when you actually require an anti-virus.

Yeah I guess panda sucks, if you're an id***. :thumbup
True idiocy comes when you actually require an anti-virus.
Hey now people... no need to get hostile.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. :)

Bold statements will only generate bold counterstatements. It's to be expected. Edited by jcarle

Jcarle, you're taking this a bit too far. I give free anti-virus to my soon to be in-laws and although they are not computer-savvy, they are not idiots. They did not grow up in the generation of rapid technology trends and simply don't know the ways of the Internet.

I'm no id***, but the way you're acting towards this Panda-fanatic is like saying I'm an id*** because I don't know much about biology, chemistry, history or geography. Just by reading Ben100014's posts, I can tell he hasn't read the research and comparisons done by others who strive to prove a point to those willing to look around instead of just sitting there saying "this thing rules cause I use it!"

I've personally tried over 20 products and the ones I like the most are Kaspersky, NOD32 and Avast. Not many people use Panda from what I read and what I do read about it, the memory usage is horrible, among other annoyances.