What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?

What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?  

1,070 members have voted

1. 1. What Anti-Virus do you Use/Recommend?

• AntiVir
    • Avast
    • AVG
    • BitDefender
    • ClamAV
    • eTrust
    • F-Prot
    • Kaspersky
    • McAfee
    • NOD32
    • Norton
    • Symantec
    • Trend Micro
    • Other - ?
    • None!

21 hours ago, msfntor said:

Process Hacker

16 hours ago, mina7601 said:

That application is really a useful and helpful one. I remember using it previously for years, and still do until now. :)

Process Hacker has been running in my system in the background for ages. All my investigations of processes and process trees I perform with this task manager. For me, simply the best! ssupercool2.gif And with its help I found out a lot of problems or misbehaviour of programs and services in my system. I love it! amoureuxcoeur.gif

Actually, my post about Process Hacker is a bit OT.  offtopic.gif But I couldn't resist. jexplique.gif
The topic here is about Anti-Virus and presumably, security solutions. I use Avast Premier with a disabled firewall feature in combination with Windows 10 Firewall Control XP. I am on Windows XP Professional 32 Bit. This combination works great, and was installed for ages. :thumbup

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

On 8/3/2022 at 6:01 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Process Hacker has been running in my system in the background for ages. All my investigations of processes and process trees I perform with this task manager. For me, simply the best! ssupercool2.gif And with its help I found out a lot of problems or misbehaviour of programs and services in my system. I love it! amoureuxcoeur.gif

Me too. For me, its the best.

On 8/3/2022 at 6:30 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Actually, my post about Process Hacker is a bit OT.  offtopic.gif But I couldn't resist. jexplique.gif

OT? Nah, it says from it's website: "A free, powerful, multi-purpose tool that helps you monitor system resources, debug software and detect malware."

So, I don't think your post about Process Hacker is OT.

On 8/3/2022 at 11:46 AM, msfntor said:

Use too WISE Disk Cleaner 7.

Useful too DTaskManager ...sometimes

Will check these applications later, thanks for your suggestions.

Edited by mina7601

7 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Me too. For me, its the best.

OT? Nah, it says from it's website: "A free, powerful, multi-purpose tool that helps you monitor system resources, debug software and detect malware."

So, I don't think your post about Process Hacker is OT.

Ok, let us agree on the following! Process Hacker assists an user in detecting malware and suspicious processes. It is an excellent task manager and shows the user strangely behaving processes, but it is definitely not an AV program. virus01.gif