• Norton
    • Outpost
    • Sygate
    • Windows Default
    • ZoneAlarm
    • Winpooch
    • Other - ?
    • None!

Eyeball, ok let's set up a time and date here. You want to see how secure a router is and I'm curious as well. I'll give you my IP address, remove my second drive so the only data you will get from me is my installed programs. You try to make your way into my system by whatever means and let's see what happens. I'm curious to know if you can get through. :hello:

Eyeball, ok let's set up a time and date here. You want to see how secure a router is and I'm curious as well. I'll give you my IP address, remove my second drive so the only data you will get from me is my installed programs. You try to make your way into my system by whatever means and let's see what happens. I'm curious to know if you can get through. :hello:

sure ok, if i knew an exploit for a paticular port that was forwarded to your pc, then your OS would be ripped wide open. but im not a hacker and dont know how to exploit other than by running scripts made by others. my point was it seems really unsecure. if you read up on NAT in ipv6 it highlights just how unsecure NAT in ipv4 is.

:D

EDIT: that would be a **** cool test to do tho lol, but u hope you can see were im coming from, and i totally respect your comments on what to do and not to do behind your router to keep you safe, :)

Edited by eyeball

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a Symantec (corporate) firewall available? I saw something called Symantec Enterprise Firewall, but the last version I see available is still Win2k only. Is there something else? Symantec Antivirus seems a lot nicer than Norton, so I was hoping to switch to the Symantec side with my firewall too.

Edited by Viper187

Is there a Symantec (corporate) firewall available? I saw something called Symantec Enterprise Firewall, but the last version I see available is still Win2k only. Is there something else? Symantec Antivirus seems a lot nicer than Norton, so I was hoping to switch to the Symantec side with my firewall too.

Norton is a Symantec brand. :blink:

Norton is a Symantec brand. :blink:

They're the same company, but there's a difference. "Norton" software is bloatware for home users, and "Symantec" is coporate/enterprise (professional software). What I'm saying is I like the business (Symantec) anitvirus software, and I want to know if there's a business version of the firewall software for use on XP. It would appear that "Symantec Enterprise Firewall" isn't compatible.