Formatting over solaris/linux partitions

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me. The environment in which my RIS server has been setup includes systems which can have either solaris/linux/windows on them. Now the problem I am experiencing is that when trying to install on a system that already has solaris on it, the windows install does not automatically format the harddrive even though I have :

[RemoteInstall]

Repartition=Yes

UseWholeDisk=Yes

It stops and asks for you to manually format the harddrives.

The idea is to have the install completely unattended after OS selection. Can anyone point me to some answer file entries that may fix this, if its indeed possible?

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sunman,

At work we use gdisk (from Ghost) to delete and create partitions before running a rebuild. I am sure you would be able to find an alternative if necessary - ranish, pqmagic, sdisk, etc.

We have multiple RIS boot options one of which allows booting to a gdisk boot disk. We also use gdisk to automatically delete all partitions (even non-dos partitions) and create our standard paritions (25GB C: and 5GB D:) before running a customised PE installation for the standard build.