Microsoft's Next Browser

tain

can IE beat it? even Fox can't beat the features if you dont use the extra plugin but with Opera we get it in installation default (no need for plugin, except for voice support you must download some files)

Plugins are a core feature of Firefox, but yeah, FF can beat some of those. ;)

Opera has: (boldified)

- Memory efficient Tabbed Browsing

- Quick preference and security setting (enable/disable popup,javascript,etc) like Firefox does?

- A semi-functional popup blocker.

- A semi-functional Password Wand (Password Reminder)

- An old-style Integrated Mail Client

- Integrated RSS Reader

- Integrated Download Manager (the best module ever, even mozilla and fox didn't integrate their download manager as best as opera did)

- A useless Integrated Chat Client (via IRC)

- Integrated search engine into toolbar (the 1st in browser technology) <---- When was this exactly? That feature has been around for nearly a decade.

- Sidebar Uhh...?

- Cool Voice Support & Voice Log (this will be future encryption method)

- Mouse Gesture

- Trash Bin (the 1st in browser technology) <----- What's this?

- Rewind and fast forward button (more advance than back and next)

- Author Mode, Show Images (Enable,Disable,Cache Only) <----- What browser hasn't had this?

- Semi-functional customizable Skin & Customizable Toolbar design

- Zooming (up to 1000%)

- Java & Javascript Console (like all past browsers? :huh: )

- Browser Identifier Modifier (Identify as Opera,IE,Mozilla) (like Firefox? :huh: )

- p***y Bookmark Management

- Website Encoding

- Cool Session feature (save,load,export,import)

- more...

All IMHO, just like your post. :D

I'm not talking about clicking a link. I'm talking about highlighting text on a webpage and dragging it down (or up or sideways or whateverways) so that google will google exactly what I highlighted in a new tab. Left click and drag only highlights more. Right click and drag only opens a blank tab.

Firefox lets you do that! (apparently) Drag it unto the searchbar to search. The address bar is just a textbox, and yields the save effect as dragging into notepad.

Well, at least IE7 boasts an uninstaller.

Of course, this is only with the betas and previews. When it finally comes out, we'll be asking FDV to build a new fileset.

It's not for win2k...I thought. Or was that a joke...or are you referring to FDV's current works on Win2k3?

Curse the 4 smiley limit! =D

he meant 2003 i am sure as it's known ie7 won't work for 2000. i am making pretty adequate headway. i seem to be busy every f%^&%$&*in weekend with other things but i do get to devote some time to the 2003 thing. tommyp's reduction files will be what i use (i'm pretty sure). the big thing will be a massive inf file that lays waste to the 2003 registry. there might be enough junk so that a fileset is necessary, but i don't think so.

as it is i am targeting the ie keys. i will be very curious about whether ie7 relies on them. in 2000, there were a lot of ie keys that ie6 no longer used, so i am assuming that 2003 will have hundreds of ie6 keys that ie7 doesn't need. after all... ie7 is supposedly redesigned, right? <laughing>

installation monitoring would help a great deal, once something close to a final version is issued. i mean, i could do it myself, but these days i seem to have a lot of pots cooking on a lot of burners so help is always appreciated. if anyone has ie7 install info for 2003 for a beta right now, i wouldnt rely on it too much, but i would like to take a look at it just to get a preliminary idea about what's involved... email if you've got a logfile.

Has anyone tried this out?

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/install...ayer-162910.php

As we’ve mentioned many times before, we install every piece of software we recommend here at Lifehacker, meaning that if we don’t vigorously remove programs we’re not using, Windows can start to get a little cranky.

Even though Windows has handled my frequent software installations and sometimes lazy attitude toward uninstalling them with aplomb, I’ve been looking for a solution that keeps my computer pristine in the face of installation after installation, and I want to do it without running a virtual machine (after all, I’m not testing new operating systems every day!).

Enter Altiris Software Virtualization Solution (SVS). With Altiris SVS, you can install any program to a transparent layer that snags all attempts that the program makes to write to your system, instead saving them inside of the layer. That means no extra .dll’s and no permanent registry changes - SVS takes care of all of that.

And here is a bit of news:

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,125223,00.asp

Microsoft Opens IE Bug Database

Users will be able to report bugs found in the Web browser.

Shelley Solheim, IDG News Service

Monday, March 27, 2006

Microsoft has established a public database to allow Internet Explorer users to report bugs in the Web browser.

To post or view bugs, users must sign up for a Passport account on the Microsoft Connect Web site.

Microsoft plans to allow non-registered users to view reported bugs in a couple of months, according to a post on the Internet Explorer Weblog.

User Requests

The company said it opened up the site in response to user feedback.

"Many customers have asked us about having a better way to enter IE bugs. It is asked, "Why don't you have Bugzilla like Firefox or other groups do?" said the Microsoft blog post.

Microsoft has posted a best practices guide for posting bugs and allows users to restrict access to bug posts by marking them as private instead of public.

Microsoft is only accepting bug posts for Internet Explorer 7 and future versions.

Edited by TAiN

• 8 months later...