Microsoft's Next Browser

tain

I think I'm missing something with the security thing. Can someone point me to a malicious website? (Yes I'm serious). I see other people getting snagged all the time, but I don't seem to get them.

I think I'm missing something with the security thing. Can someone point me to a malicious website? (Yes I'm serious). I see other people getting snagged all the time, but I don't seem to get them.

Your best bet for finding a malicious site is to randomly google for things.

For your interest: http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_...Flaw/1143145308

remember this quote?

if you desain web only for ie, you're an evil

oh yeah take a look :

http://toastytech.com/evil/index.html

I have tried Opera once.

I found it was running nice. However, I've not found so many features.

I'll dig into it later. I currently have no time.

this is not a commercial, but some feature what you got when use opera :
- Tabbed Browsing (duh2)

- Quick preference and security setting (enable/disable popup,javascript,etc)

- Password Wand (Password Reminder)

- Integrated Mail Client

- Integrated RSS Reader

- Integrated Download Manager (the best module ever, even mozilla and fox didn't integrate their download manager as best as opera did)

- Integrated Chat Client (via IRC)

- Integrated search engine into toolbar (the 1st in browser technology)

- Sidebar

- Voice Support & Voice Log (this will be future encryption method)

- Mouse Gesture

- Trash Bin (the 1st in browser technology)

- Rewind and fast forward button (more advance than back and next)

- Author Mode, Show Images (Enable,Disable,Cache Only)

- Customizable Skin & Customizable Toolbar desain (you can make it hide,bottom,top,pop-up)

- Zooming (up to 1000%)

- Java & Javascript Console

- Browser Identifier Modifier (Identify as Opera,IE,Mozilla)

- Bookmark Management

- Website Encoding

- Session feature (save,load,export,import)

- more...

can IE beat it? even Fox can't beat the features if you dont use the extra plugin but with Opera we get it in installation default (no need for plugin, except for voice support you must download some files)

Edited by Dels

I just sampled Opera. It's quite nice, but misses a nice feature that maxthon has out of the box. As Camarade_Tux said, "With Maxthon, if you click on a link and drag it somewhere on your page, it will open in a new window." Actually, if you highlight text on a webpage, and then drag it down, a new tab will open up and google will google it. I love this feature and other browsers don't seem to have this.

With Maxthon, if you click on a link and drag it somewhere on your page, it will open in a new window.

gee opera has it too, try to drag the link into tab and it will open it in a "new tab" or you can right click the link (open in background = yeah), there are several option in new tab or new windows in next active or background page (quite usefull)

tommy, that sounds like you highlighted and did a left-click drag...try holding the right button. I would confirm but I wiped out most of my mouse gestures except for 'forward' and 'backward'.

Speaking of gestures, will the new IE have them? Firefox does via extension, but they all run dog slow. Yeah, I know Maxthon has them...but maxthon requires the current gen of IE.

you dont have to highlight the link, you can simply left click and hold the button and then drag it into a tab or the address bar and it will open it for u

I'm not talking about clicking a link. :) I'm talking about highlighting text on a webpage and dragging it down (or up or sideways or whateverways) so that google will google exactly what I highlighted in a new tab. Left click and drag only highlights more. Right click and drag only opens a blank tab.

EDIT - Nevermind. I have to highlight, right mouse click and then manually select search in the context menu. Maxthon is better in this respect.

Edited by tommyp