Best WMA Encoder

Incroyable HULK

My favorit convertor is SOUNDTAXI - a new one, I consider... It's advantage is in braking DRM-protection on media files, so you should listen to your iTunes music any way u like)))

Check their site for more info! http://www.soundtaxi.info :hello:

Excellent software, works like a charm. Do some price comparison first, though. I bought the software at 30% off http://www.nautage.com/products/soundtaxi.php

• 5 months later...

The GCN sound format that is used in GameCube games is way better then using mp3 for the size.

WMA sound will give you great sound no diffrent from MP3 to a regular listeners ears but WMA is Microsofts format and I consider anything a promtion to Microsoft a bad thing.

You have to consider the player is using a codec to play these files.

I havn't an expert audio ear but all my music collection is in 96kbps wma format and the quality is enough for me. I burn some wma files and read in my Alpine 9815RB and the quality is enough too, no people in my car say to me "I think you have wma in your cd .." yet !

But I'm agree in the fact that wma is dragstic (on the paper) to encode sound, but for me it isn't enough ^^

I use Sony Sound Forge - absolutely superb qualititive wave editor. It support ALL formats, many-many properties.

:thumbup

To my ears, MP3 really sounds better than WMA. At least >=192Kbps, with lame --vbr-new. Plus, lame is now threaded and encoding my music at 24x on my laptop is great.

believe me, WMA better than MP3

:realmad:

Do you even know what MP3 with lame is?

Do you think it is exactly the same thing it was 15 years ago?

It's not like WMA isn't changing either (MS has the money to develop it too). In the latest hydrogenaudio tests (@192kbps - just like you said before), WMA comes ahead of mp3. Link Just because one prefers a non-proprietary format doesn't make it sound better...

Mind you I still use mp3, just because it sounds good enough at decent bitrates, and plays everywhere, on absolutely anything (be it hardware or software), no plugins or whatever necessary. It would take a HUGE difference in quality for me to even consider AAC or WMA (ogg is just out of the question).