HI! just have a burning question

prx984

i have windows 98 se installed. theres one thing that has always bugged me about the 9X core. im not sure if this can be disabled but id like to find out. the accessibility rectangles around everything. and the keyboard indicators in windows under menu names. they annoy me, just because 2000 and XP dont have them, or they dont come on till you push the alt key or w/e. id really like to turn them off. anyone know how? thanks!

-brian

You mean the File Edit View etc.?

I don't think those can be removed. It's by design.

They are actually useful for doing commands quickly without the mouse. Otherwise M$ wouldn't have put them there in the first place.

dang, i really want to get rid of them. i just want the rectangles around the buttons and radio buttons and check boxes to go. like in windows 2000, when you push a key on the keyboard they do come back, but i just dont like em on 95,98, and ME. never have. anyway, thanks for the reply though.

-brian

try unchecking 'Always show keyboard indicators' in the 'General' tab of Tweak UI ;)

i believe unchecked is the default state in win2k

i think the 'boxes' might be able to be altered with "FocusBorderHeight" and "FocusBorderWidth" (dword values) @

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop (the default is 0x00000001)

i tried a value of 0x00000000, but it didn't work (for me, on 98se)

Edited by miko