NV RAID SATA integration into textmode setup

I have a K7N2 Delta2-LSR motherboard. This motherboard supports NV RAID SATA interface. I want to add the drivers to text mode setup, but it's not working yet. Some internal references I'm using:

I've added these lines to txtsetup.sif:

[SourceDisksFiles]
nvraid.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085 = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5 = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3 = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5 = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0035 = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0036 = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_003E = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053 = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054 = nvatabus
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055 = nvatabus

[SCSI.Load]
nvatabus = nvraid.sys,4

[SCSI]
nvatabus = "NV2 RAID Driver"

I'll attach txtsetup.sif and txtsetup.oem, zipped.

Thank you in advance.

nvtxtsetup.oem.zip

txtsetup.sif.zip

FastTrakTxtstup.oem.zip

Edited by hplsbyufan

Couple things to try off of the top of my head...

Make sure you have the latest BIOS flashed on your Nforce4 motherboard.

In the txtsetup.oem try:

[Disks]

d1 = "NVIDIA RAID DRIVER (SCSI)",,,

Couple things to try off of the top of my head...

Make sure you have the latest BIOS flashed on your Nforce4 motherboard.

In the txtsetup.oem try:

[Disks]

d1 = "NVIDIA RAID DRIVER (SCSI)",,,

Thank you. I'll check the BIOS. I think I have the latest. Did you mean txtsetup.sif? txtsetup.oem is not part of textmode setup as I understand it.

Also, I tried to install on an IDE drive to see if I got any errors. I got this:

The following value in the .SIF file used by setup is corrupted or missing:

Value 0 on the line in section [WinntDirectories]with key "3_."

Setup Cannot Continue. To Quite setup, press F3.

Edit with update:

Thank you. I just tried this, and it didn't seem to work. I tried all the different driver versions it recommends, and even combined them with the fasttrak drivers. I still have the same issue. I'll bring this up in that thread as well.

Edited by hplsbyufan

I got some different drivers, and it works... almost. Now I'm using fasttx2k.sys, and I put these lines in txtsetup.sif:

[SourceDisksFiles]
fasttx2k.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3376 = "fasttx2k"

[SCSI.Load]
fasttx2k = fasttx2k.sys,4

[SCSI]
fasttx2k = "Win2000 Promise FastTrak 376 (tm) Controller"

Now setup sees the stripe RAIDed drives as one drive, but now I have a new problem...

I have 2 existing partitions. Setup sees only the extended partition, and thinks it's the primary partition. Interestingly enough, it's using the volume label for the primary partition it's not seeing, not the partition it is seeing.

Any ideas from anyone?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by hplsbyufan

For the nForce SATAs, I've found that you NEED to copy the nvchhflt.sys file to the i386 directory.. Or the file thats named closely to it.... Without this file it'll BSOD

Thank you. I tried this now:

txtmode.sif additions to integrate nv drivers and fasttrak drivers

[SourceDisksFiles]
nvraid.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1
NvAtaBus.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1
nvcchflt.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0035 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0036 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_003E = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055 = "nvatabus"
GenNvRaidDisk = "nvraid"
*_NVRAIDBUS = "nvraid"

[SCSI.Load]
nvatabus = nvatabus.sys,4
nvraid = nvraid.sys,4

[SCSI]
nvatabus = "NVIDIA NForce Storage Controller (required)"
nvraid = "NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (required)"

One possible problem is how to tie nvcchflt.sys into [HardwareIdsDatabase], [sCSI.Load], and [sCSI]. I couldn't tell from the txtsetup.oem how to do so.

I've verified I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard, but I couldn't find any information on MSI's site on how to upgrade the FastTrak controller's BIOS - if it's even possible.

I'll update the attachments in my original post with the 2 txtsetup.oem files and my latest txtsetup.sif.

Any other ideas?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Any other ideas?

For the nForce SATAs, I've found that you NEED to copy the nvchhflt.sys file to the i386 directory.. Or the file thats named closely to it.... Without this file it'll BSOD

Any other ideas?
If you really want to integrate the nVRaid and the Fasttrek drivers by modifying the TXTSETUP.SIF, you have to copy all drivers (SYS files) of both driver folders (the directories where the TXTSETUP.OEM are) into the i386 directory of your CD.

That means, that the following files have to be in the root of the i386 folder of your CD: NVRAID.SYS, NVATABUS.SYS and FASTTX2K.SYS.

The NVIDIA Filter driver NVCCHFLT.SYS should only be added, if it is really a component of the used nForce SataRaid driver package.

Much easier would be an integration of both TEXTMODE drivers by using nLite.

Look here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=484420

CU

Fernando

Solved!

I got some different drivers, and it works... almost. Now I'm using fasttx2k.sys, and I put these lines in txtsetup.sif:

[SourceDisksFiles]

[HardwareIdsDatabase]

[SCSI.Load]

[SCSI]

Now setup sees the stripe RAIDed drives as one drive, but now I have a new problem...

I have 2 existing partitions. Setup sees only the extended partition, and thinks it's the primary partition. Interestingly enough, it's using the volume label for the primary partition it's not seeing, not the partition it is seeing.

Any ideas from anyone?

Thank you in advance.

This works, unless you create the partitions with the Disk Management mmc. I finally backed up all my data to DVDs, and repartitioned during textmode setup. Now whenever I go back to textmode setup, it sees the partitions properly. I'm not sure why there's a difference, but it may be related to this:

Before, Disk Management said each partition was "Dynamic". Now it simply says "Healthy". I'm not even sure if that matters, but in case someone else ever comes accross this issue, you'll need the Promise FastTrak 376 drivers, and you must partition in textmode setup...

If you really want to integrate the nVRaid and the Fasttrek drivers by modifying the TXTSETUP.SIF, you have to copy all drivers (SYS files) of both driver folders (the directories where the TXTSETUP.OEM are) into the i386 directory of your CD.

That means, that the following files have to be in the root of the i386 folder of your CD: NVRAID.SYS, NVATABUS.SYS and FASTTX2K.SYS.

The NVIDIA Filter driver NVCCHFLT.SYS should only be added, if it is really a component of the used nForce SataRaid driver package.

Much easier would be an integration of both TEXTMODE drivers by using nLite.

Look here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=484420

CU

Fernando

Thank you Fernando. I've now solved this. It appears I don't need the nvatabus.sys or the nvraid.sys files. I only needed the FastTrak drivers. See my post from a few minutes ago. I recently tried nLite, and it has improved dramatically since I first tried it. I may just move away from the manual method and use nLite now!