Windows Media Player 10 & sysprep

EmRoD

Errors at T-13 :(

Advanced INF Install Cannot read or write a file (nothing more specified..)

HFSLIP let a MPDIR1.TXT file on the root folder (the one containing SOURCE, HGF, FIX etc..)

here's my ERROR_REPORT.TXT

the hfnetchk log is comming (if the install ends...)

Edit:

After the end of the install:

KB911565 is missing.

ERROR_REPORT.TXT

WU.txt

MPDIR1.TXT

Edited by EmRoD

Testing now HFSLIP_60321b-wmp.CMD

with:

wmfdist95.exe (From KB891122), and WindowsMedia10-KB911565-x86-FRA.exe in the HF folder.

mp10setup.exe in HFSVPK_SW

HFSLIP let a MPDIR1.TXT file on the root folder (the one containing SOURCE, HGF, FIX etc..)

MPDIR1.TXT is just a temporary file created/used by HFSLIP while it was running. Tomcat must have forgotten to have the script delete it. You can safely get rid of it.

Tomcat76: Please fix this!

testing with HFSLIP_60317.CMD

error at the end of the install :blink:

WMP10 launches :huh:

There used to be problems with putting MP10Setup.exe in HFSVPK_SW, but I had tommyp fix all of them. What exactly did the error message say (sorry, but I can't read French :P)?

Testing now HFSLIP_60321b-wmp.CMD

with:

wmfdist95.exe (From KB891122), and WindowsMedia10-KB911565-x86-FRA.exe in the HF folder.

KB911565 will not install with MP10Setup.exe in the SVCPACK folder as it will be processed by setup before WMP10 is even installed (I believe this is still the case with 60321b as it is with 60317 and earlier).

WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-fr.exe
Why do you have this is your HF folder if you are not installing Media Center Edition? Edited by Super-Magician

There used to be problems with putting MP10Setup.exe in HFSVPK_SW, but I had tommyp fix all of them. What exactly did the error message say (sorry, but I can't read French :P )?

"" not validated by m$ ant therfore wouldn't be installed.

this appears numerouse times, as well as Advanced INF errors.

KB911565 will not install with MP10Setup.exe in the SVCPACK folder as it will be processed by setup before WMP10 is even installed (I believe this is still the case with 60321b as it is with 60317 and earlier).

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=69809#

1) Info for WMP test build

Place in HF folder:

MPSetup.exe or MP10Setup.exe

wmfdist.exe or wmfdist95.exe

KB911565

Either CLASSIC.WM_ or CLASSIC.WMZ need to be in your SOURCE folder if you want to have it. This is normally the case for Windows XP but not for Windows 2000.

Known current limitations:

- KB911565 won't be processed separately (WMP9 or 10 must be in HF)

- KB911565 won't be processed at all on Windows Server 2003

To do:

- fix the limitations (LOL)

- slipstream WMP6 codecs

WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-fr.exe
Why do you have this is your HF folder if you are not installing Media Center Edition?

Wooops... :blushing:

Edited by EmRoD

It's clear it isn't ready for consumption yet. I've withdrawn it for the moment.

MPDIR1.TXT is useless. It's a leftover from an earlier version of the WMP script section but it's not used anymore. I forgot to delete the line that creates the file.

:thumbup

Found a workaround for my sysprep issue:

After resealing a fresh install, done with HFSLIP_60317.CMD:

MP10 and WindowsMedia10-KB911565-x86-FRA.exe in the HF folder.

no more advanced inf install errors, windows was looking for WMP10.inf in the %windir%\inf folder, and those file were not present.

i just created a SFX with WMP10.inf and WMP10.PNF placing thoses 2 files in the %windir%\inf.

no more errors :)

the difference is only for the first login with a new account created via the minisetup (after rescell).

the pnf file is installed in %windir%\inf with wmp10.inf, on a "real" MP10 install, i suppose it contains installation, or configuration infos.

here's my sfx

WMP10INF.exe