Windows Media Player 10 & sysprep

EmRoD

:wacko: After creating an unattended cd with hfslip.

not a single error during install but

after a rescell with sysprep.

I reboot the computer to check everything.

every step is ok

but at the end of the minisetup, when the computer logs on the desktop, i got an error message saying :

"impossible to find c:\windows\inf\wmp10.inf"

the only present file is wmp.inf.

WMP10 runs Ok

the wmp.inf come from the HFSLIP install

the wmp10.inf from a computer with a standard WMP10 install

post-12584-1142954707_thumb.jpg

wmp.inf

WMP10.inf

What's a "rescell with sysprep"?

Anyway, HFSLIP renames wmp10.inf (and all other infs in the WMP10 package) and you won't find it back on the hard disk after the final reboot of Windows setup.

Edited by Tomcat76

EmRoD means that he resealed his computer with sysprep.

It's exactly what I mean, sorry for the english... :rolleyes:

i just want to understand why windows is asking for this file just after a reseal.

maybe it's because of the slipstream of WMP10, and sysprep not compatible with WMP10.

Tomorrow, i'll try to integrate it instead of slipstreaming.

but slipstreaming os better :whistle:

If i can help (if someone is interessted in this "issue")

Thanks anyway for this wonderful piece of batch :thumbup

Putting the WMP10 installer in HFSVPK_SW will propably fix your problem.

I just can't say for sure because I don't know what sysprep does (let alone "reseal with sysprep").

Edit:

And what if you use the WMP10 addon? Does it still happen then?

Edited by Tomcat76

Tomcat76: You know how right after you install Windows, setup presents you with "Welcome to Windows"? Sysprep, or System Preparation Tool, is a corporate deployment tool used by system administrators to prepare a system for duplication or delivery to the customer. Essentially, it configures the computer to run Windows Welcome or Mini-Setup the first time the end user restarts the computer ('Microsoft Out-of-Box Experience', or OOBE). When you restart the computer, Windows will present a shortened form of GUI-mode Setup.

Edited by Super-Magician

If you like to test, you can try the latest WMP test build provided in the Test Releases thread. But I'm warning you: that build is completely untested so the odds it won't work are high (sysprep or normal install).

It's basically a "CD install" now which allows WMP to install completely (including playlists et al). The current implementation in the 60321a-wmp test release is actually about two weeks old already. The main drives behind this were to narrow down the size of the SOURCESS\I386 folder (as opposed to the SOURCESS\I386 folder now) and to get the background music going again during Windows XP installation. I have a feel that the latter was caused by the missing "control.xml" file. KB911565 didn't have anything to do with it.

It's basically a "CD install" now which allows WMP to install completely (including playlists et al). The current implementation in the 60321a-wmp test release is actually about two weeks old already. The main drives behind this were to narrow down the size of the SOURCESS\I386 folder (as opposed to the SOURCESS\I386 folder now) and to get the background music going again during Windows XP installation. I have a feel that the latter was caused by the missing "control.xml" file. KB911565 didn't have anything to do with it.
Great! But I think I'll wait until EmRoD tests it.

Testing the HFSLIP_60321b-wmp.CMD

with:

mp10setup.exe, wmfdist95.exe (From KB891122), and WindowsMedia10-KB911565-x86-FRA.exe in the HF folder.

CLASSIC.WM_ is in my source folder

From a CORP Gold -> SP2.