[beta] User Creation Tool

Yet another update, this time with a major change on the way that values are parsed from the INI file.

Ulrih suggested yesterday to somehow tie the MAC address detection to specific User and Security info besides the Computer name/workgroup etc info. It turned out to be really easy to implement just by adding one flag to the [interface] section that allows for extra flags to be parsed if a matching MAC address is found in a [ComputerInfo_n] section.

In the new program version if the MACAddressOveridesSections flag is active in the [interface] section then the following values can also be parsed from the [ComputerInfo_n] section that contains a matching MAC address:

ParseSecuritySection

FirstName

LastName

Description

UserName

Password

UnlimitedPass

AutoLogon

Admin

FakeAdmin

FakeGuest

RenameAdmin

RenameGuest

DisableAdmin

ForcedLogon

NewAdminName

NewGuestName

HideNewAdmin

These values will now override the ones in [userInfo] and [securityInfo] sections!

If however there is no match of the MAC values from each section to the MAC address of an ethernet controller on the target PC then the values from the initial [ComputerInfo] [userInfo] and [securityInfo] section will be used instead.

This way one can have different users and security options applied to different machines :thumbup

Updated first post to v.1.8

Enjoy!

CF

Greetings cancerface.

Thanks for the made changes, the program it became ideal, but through my fault in the interface discrepancy has crept in.

Here [Field 41]

I used unfairly long expression, therefore it was not located completely. I hasten to rectify the error.

Ulrih

InterfaceRU.7z

Has tested by the virtual machine - all works perfectly.

With one condition - in the distribution kit it is necessary to integrate the drivers from Wim Leers (BashratTheSneaky) Chipset and LAN

Huh? You lost me there ...

Greetings cancerface.

Thanks for the made changes, the program it became ideal, but through my fault in the interface discrepancy has crept in.

Here [Field 41]

I used unfairly long expression, therefore it was not located completely. I hasten to rectify the error.

Ulrih

No worries.

Updated the first post to v.1.8.1 changing the Russian GUI label for Registered Organization so that it fits in the interface

CF

Edited by cancerface

Huh? You lost me there ...

:D

Excuse, I had in view of, that definition on MAC occurs only if the fitter sees the network adapter, for this purpose and integration of drivers into the distribution kit is necessary.

Hello cancerface

Does not work timeout. If I have correctly understood, after time, adjustment deduced in the interface should be applied?

Check spent at installation Windows from CD in DOS a mode by the virtual machine.

The timeout works as long as you set EnableTimeOut=1 in the [interface] section and you do not make any changes to the window while the program is running. This was implemented so that the program would run automatically and at the same time give a GUI for the user to change the created user/computer etc details if need be. In my scenario the program runs and sometimes I need to change some option so by clicking anywhere in the GUI the countdown stops.

If you want to have a countdown you should make sure everything is in place in the INI file before calling the program and you should not disturb the GUI while the program is running.

CF

So all also occurs - there is a program interface, parametres are picked up from ini on MAC, I do not bring any changes I wait for the termination timeout after that the interface it is necessary to hang on the screen, parametres are not applied. The error has repeated already three times.

CheckValues=0

CancelButton=1

Confirm=0

PasswordCheck=1

MACAddressOveridesSections=1

ParseUserSection=1

ParseComputerSection=1

ParseSecuritySection=1

CheckIfUserExists=1

EnableTimeOut=1

TimeOut=30000

Beep=1

BeepWarning=1

BeepFreq=500

BeepDuration=100

A bug indeed.

Strangely enough I missed it because if I set Confirm=1 at the [interface] section the timeout occurs and the program is executed. However with your settings it does not execute!

Updated first post with v1.8.2 of the program.

v1.8.2

• Fixed timeout when Confirm was set to 0
  • Rewrote the user/group enumeration function
  • Rewrote the Administrator detection function

CF

Edited by cancerface

@Ulrich

Excuse my ignorance but after watching your video I cannot quite understand why you are creating a user called Ulrich giving him admin privileges (in the User Details frame), then you are renaming the Administrator account (whatever that name is in Russian) to Ulrich in the Security Options frame ... Obviously this will not work since a user called 'Ulrich' already exists at that point, and happens to belong to the Administrators group ... You are also renaming the Guest account from whatever name it has in Russian, to ... 'Guest' (!) Not much use is it?

Anyway I hope this versions works for you and you don't get the timeout problem again

CF

Excuse cancerface, actually not those parametres which I use it on the present. When I test specially I provoke utilities to errors. It was not a successful example, but it works! Now I will banish the new version.

Edited by Ulrih