[beta] User Creation Tool

Uhm is it possible not to show for example the security options at all when parse.... is set to 0? It would look cleaner and more slim. Also people will not be able to mess around with security options (they can check the box now, editing the security options).

Same question goes for hiding parts like Name/Surname/Description and Registered Owner/Company. (I never ever filled in anything there).

And will it be possible to create multiple accounts?

I'll stick with Wihu for now but your tool looks very promising.

@KenanBalamir

will you do we [non-english user]a favor? We want localize this tool
I have been thinking about localizing the dialogs and adding new languages to the interface, something that Joc brought up in the past. The only reason why this hasn't been implemented yet is that the interface metrics would change from language to language, but I think I found a way around that now. I would like to have the different strings compiled into the main EXE as to avoid relying on multiple language files. I will post a file with all the text strings that are used and you can translate them in your language then post the translated file on this thread.

@ZileXa

Uhm is it possible not to show for example the security options at all when parse.... is set to 0?
Yes it is, although IMHO it defeats the whole purpose of this tool ... It should provide a way to access these settings at Txx/RunOnce/etc so that you have the option to interact with the GUI in case you want to change something.

(added to the list of things to do)

Also people will not be able to mess around with security options
I am not sure why you think this is bad. In order to run the tool one should have admin privileges which means that he/she can access one way or another those settings. :blink:
And will it be possible to create multiple accounts?
Not in the near future.

However using multiple INI files you can run the EXE several times and achieve the desired effect (although I would also stick with Wihu for creating multiple accounts, or I would use a batch file).

@ideas & @mgadallah

I am glad you like it :)

CF

This is great tool instead of MS account creator at first login.

Another suggestion:

1) Timeout with reboot feature, also reboot when you pressing the "go" button. (atm im using shutdown -t with 2 sec after creating account)

2) Able to customize the icon. Cant do it myself, since the file being compressed.

Edited by zbeta

@zbeta

1) Timeout with reboot feature.
This can be easily implemented, added on my list of things to do

Note however that this may be tricky if you call the exe from Txx, as it will force a reboot once it finishes, although other things may be running ...

2) Able to customize the icon. Cant do it myself, since the file being compressed.
You can use ResourceHacker to change any of the three icons, however you will break the CRC check so you will have to invoke the program using
CreateUser.exe /NCRC

in order to be able to run it.

The icons by the way are not compressed in the header.

CF

Note however that this may be tricky if you call the exe from Txx, as it will force a reboot once it finishes, although other things may be running ...

If you are able to enumerate HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\SystemSetupInProgress then perhaps you could prevent a reboot even if it is configured as such in the .ini file. During the GUI portion of setup, that reg key should be set to 1.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are able to enumerate HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\SystemSetupInProgress then perhaps you could prevent a reboot even if it is configured as such in the .ini file. During the GUI portion of setup, that reg key should be set to 1.
Excellent idea RogueSpear, will work on that.

Finally I got some time to play around again with this project :D

Many people requested that this program gets an international face-lift. I would like to avoid having multiple lang files and would prefer to have a single EXE that contains all the lang strings. My test trials with lang DLL files were not very successful and the only thing that seems to work quite nicely is embedding the different lang strings in the program itself. The downside of that is that the end user can't really change any of those strings, but then again this is what this thread is about, sharing and improving :yes:

Since I am not able to translate the messages that pop-up in every language, I am attaching here the English strings used by the tool so that any interested parties can translate in their own language and re-attach the new files. The attached 7z archive contains two files, an INI with the interface strings and a TXT with the pop-up messages. Try to keep the messages as concise as possible, especially the ones in the INI file as their size will affect the layout of the GUI.

• It is important that you save the files as ANSI rather than Unicode, since the NSIS compiler used to make the program will not be able to read the translated characters.
  • It would also be very helpful if people could provide the ANSI page code of the file with their strings. You can find a list of those codes here
  • As soon as there are some extra languages to support I will release a new version that will also support the option to reboot as suggested by zbeta

As always, your comments/suggestions are most welcome...

CF

English_Strings.7z

@ cancerface

Tested from cmdlines.txt and worked great. Thanks!

This is my cmdlines.txt:

[COMMANDS]
"UserAdd.cmd"

This is my UserAdd.cmd:

@ECHO OFF
CD %SystemRoot%\System32 >NUL
START /WAIT %SystemRoot%\System32\CreateUser.exe

I also added these two lines to UserAdd.cmd:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultPassword /d 123 /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v AutoAdminLogon /d 1 /f

I just added the last two lines as a precaution. But, do I need them to auto log on? I'm asking because I set Autologon= "No" in my WINNT.SIF!

In the next test, I'd like to add these lines to UserAdd.cmd to delete the following accounts:

net user aspnet /delete
net user HelpAssistant /delete
net user SUPPORT_388945a0 /delete
net user ADMIN /delete (the renamed Administrator)
net user GUESS /delete (the renamed Guest)

Do you think that they will be deleted (at T-12)?

@mazin

There is no need to patch the registry for autologon, the program takes care of that. After storing the LSA secret the following registry entries are created:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon "DefaultUserName" "${USERNAME}"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon "AltDefaultUserName" "${USERNAME}"
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon "AutoAdminLogon" "1"

where ${USERNAME} is the name of the account created by the tool.

As for deleting those accounts, I can confirm that both the SUPPORT_388945a0 and HelpAssistant accounts can be deleted at T12 (tested on a virtual PC). I am installing .NET after the first reboot so I am not sure for the aspnet account, however I do not see a reason why you can't delete it at T12. I have not tested deleting the renamed administrator/guest accounts but I think this has been discussed before and is feasible.

CF

I deleted these lines from my UserAdd.cmd and I auto logged on:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultPassword /d 123 /f

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v AutoAdminLogon /d 1 /f

Autologon in my WINNT.SIF is set to "No".

I tested deleting these accounts at T-12. Only, the first three were deleted.

net user aspnet /delete

net user HelpAssistant /delete

net user SUPPORT_388945a0 /delete

net user ADMIN /delete (the renamed Administrator)

net user GUESS /delete (the renamed Guest)

If you know a good link to read to delete the remaining accounts, please let me know.

My bad mazin, although I though seeing somewhere a discussion about deleting the built-in accounts, it seems that this is not possible. There was a discussion about renaming those accounts, and this feature was added to the program. I am not aware of any tool that deletes those account :(

CF

Thank you man, anyway. You are a great help with your utility.

However, you may not beleive it: I could delete ADMIN via a batch file launched from LM-RO! But, I couldn't delete the GUESS account whatever I did.

This is strange because I always thought that ADMIN is more powerful than GUESS.

createusertd5.th.jpg

The same problem here!

WinXP(PL) SP2 + HFSLIP + nLite

user.bat in $OEM$\cmdlines.txt:

@ECHO OFF
TITLE Creating Windows XP Users
START /WAIT %SystemDrive%\Install\CreateUser.exe

...\$OEM$\$1\Install\CreateUser.exe

Tested only on VMware.

Can this be the problem?

winnt.sif:

[GuiUnattended]