[beta] User Creation Tool

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion]

"RegDone"="1"

@Yurek3, wrong reg entry.. go to the one where there is a space between "Windows" and "NT":

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

@Yurek3

I can't reproduce the error that you are getting...

You are running the tool at RunOnceEx and my assumption is that you are logged with the default 'administrator' account using the autologon from winnt.sif. I did the same and I don't get anything wrong, both on a virtual and a real PC.

The above message by the way pops up only if the registry value is not 5.x. My only guess is that you can't read the registry, which doesn't make sense especially if you are logged with an unrestricted account. In general if you are able to run my app on the desktop there is no reason for it not to run during Txx or RunOnceEx.

I'll dust it again however to see if there are any errors that I have missed...

I am also releasing a new version with some minor improvements/fixes/additions

Changelog

v.1.5

• Removed the ComputerInfoSections from the [ComputerInfo] section. Detection of the number of [ComputerInfo_n] sections is automatic now
  • Added colors to the timeout bar at 75,50 and 25% of its length
  • Added new options for audible warning during or at the end of the timeout ([interface] section)

Updated first post and uploaded the new version :)

CF

I found whot did thisone problem = WPI 5.1

I did put in my UA installation old version WPI problem is over.

i try now new your version 1.5

Sorry so sory .

i did take to much your time for my troubol

here is image my .reg file

sw1.png

Edited by Yurek3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

This tool is exactly what I was looking for to add to my unattended multiboot-DVD. However, I cannot get it to work.

createusertd5.th.jpg

I have sticked with copy and paste of the default values and files and chose to run it from cmdlines.txt

My setup includes BartPE and English and German Windows versions. I have used nLite to integrate Ryan's Update Packs, XPize and Bashrats Driverpacks. For the past year I have been adding users with the method described at unattended.msfn.org using cmdlines.txt.

winxpdvdji7.th.jpg

I am pretty sure I just forgot to adjust something specific in my multiboot-layout but I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you very much,

Alex Jacobson

@AJacobson

How do you start the installation? From within PE? This message should appear only if the setup process has not generated a PNF file (%SysteRoot%\System32\$$WINNT$$.PNF) or if the account starting the program doesn't have admin rights.

CF

PS If you copied/pasted the batch file from the first post, you may want to place cmdow.exe in some path where windows can find it ;)

Hi cancerface!

Thank you very much for the fast reply. I use CDShell for selecting the OS and from there it's just like a normal (unattended) Installation, no BartPE involved. I also don't know why I shouldn't have admin rights in this process.

I have placed the cmdow.exe again where it belongs and I am still wondering when or why I deleted it from my basic DVD-template, hehe.

I'll be building and testing my DVD again and will post if I get any more hints about the problem. It would be so great if I don't have to fall back on the old inflexible autologon.reg method :)

Alex Jacobson

• 4 weeks later...