[beta] User Creation Tool

That's bad news for me then since I am not getting this error!

Do you get anything logged by DrWatson?

CF

PS Assuming that the handle calls cause the error, I am attaching another version that uses a different approach to call the main EXE. Could you test this and see if you are still getting the memory overflow?

What OS are you running? Is the program in a looong path *with* spaces? Do you have AntiVirus soft. running? Not sure where to start :no:

[Edit] Removed file - check first post

Edited by cancerface

Tested the new version.

I extracted it to (C:\Documents and Settings\MAXXIN\Desktop\TestNewUser) and it worked several times without errors.

When I moved it to D:\TestNewUser, it gave the same error, several times, too.

AV: SAV CE

Thank you for taking care of this.

New version Same error.

drWatson

The application, C:\Scripts\CreateUser.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 07/23/2006 @ 04:26:03.546 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C80A260 (kernel32!WideCharToMultiByte)

AV: SAV CE

Even with SAV disabled same error.

Root of C: same error

%USERPROFILE%\Desktop same error

Hope you can work this out. And if you need more info let me know.

I am still not sure what the problem was. I can also confirm that there were random errors upon execution: the program would execute fine for a number of times then it would give an application error. Or it would not execute at all in certain cases.

I changed as much as I could and I think that I found the error, if it was indeed an error. Changed the user enumeration function and at least now I am not getting any errors. I would however appreciate it if the those of you who had a problem in the first place, could download and test this version, and report back any problems. If everything is OK then I will release it also on the first page of this thread.

Here it is:

CF

[Edit] Removed file - check first post

Edited by cancerface

Good news :yes:

It seems that it is stable again, so I uploaded v1.4 and updated the first post.

Changelog

v.1.4

• Rewrote the MAC address detection function
  • Fixed some GUI dependencies for enabling/disabling sections
  • Rewrote the User enumeration function (caused errors in some systems)
  • Corrected the Rename Administrator function (it now is disabled by default if the user running the tool is called 'Administrator')

Enjoy

CF

@Yurek3

I am using an image of a virtual PC (XP Pro) which runs a batch file that pauses at cmdlines, so it's easy to copy over new versions and try them. The last version I uploaded worked fine in the above image and it didn't crash in several PCs when invoked from random folders... Thanks for testing it, and please post your findings! :)

@All

Thanks for trying it out and for providing feedback!

CF