[beta] User Creation Tool

Tested the new version on a few installs and just to confirm the account renaming works, couldn't rename the guest account to "Restricted" prolly a Windows thing.

@cancerface

If you would be open to a couple of additions, I also disable the admin account with "net user" after the renaming and add a reg entry to automatically logon the user after they have logged off via the start menu.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"ForceAutoLogon"="1"

would it be possible to add options for these?, if not no biggy, I'll just leave the code as is. :D

@benners

If you would be open to a couple of additions, I also disable the admin account with "net user" after the renaming and add a reg entry to automatically logon the user after they have logged off via the start menu.
Not a problem. I'm sure I can sqeeze a couple more check-boxes in there :)

@Yurek3

You can do GUI little smaller.
Now that's a tough one ... I designed the GUI for 800x600 and it works fine in my setup, but I am afraid that with all the options that are on that screen I can't sqeeze it to 640x480... I'll play around with it however and see what I can do...

CF

Sweet, thanks cancerface.

@Yurek3

When do you use cancerface's program, during windows setup or is your screen res always low?, if you only use it with windows setup I think there is an edit you can make to the hivesys.inf file in your i386 dir to increase the screen size , if it worked would save a change to the GUI and make your screen look better :D .

@cancerface

If you change the GUI maybe reduce the height and increase the width?, its what I have told the girlfriends, never mind the length feel the width :P

@Yurek3

When do you use cancerface's program, during windows setup or is your screen res always low?, if you only use it with windows setup I think there is an edit you can make to the hivesys.inf file in your i386 dir to increase the screen size , if it worked would save a change to the GUI and make your screen look better biggrin.gif .

I use Usser creation Tool in RunOnceExe after instalation all apllikations from svcpack T-12 time and from RunOnceEx of WPi and next staring User Creation Tool, but is too big i can not do klik Go or Not.

I used timer ,wait 30 sekonds and go for next etc. cleanup and starting Windows Xp finish.

Now that's a tough one ... I designed the GUI for 800x600 and it works fine in my setup, but I am afraid that with all the options that are on that screen I can't sqeeze it to 640x480... I'll play around with it however and see what I can do...

THX cancerface for your ineresting my problem i thing you do some good job.

Edited by Yurek3

After playing around with the layout a bit I ended up with a 624x430 window. That's as good as it gets from my side without any compromises ... It looks like this:

imagelongac8.th.jpg

Are these dimensions OK for your setup? If yes I can release this new version as soon as I get home :)

CF

I finished adding the extra features requested by benners as well as redesigning the GUI to fit into 640x480 resolutions after Yurek3's request. I really liked the idea of a progress bar and have been working for a while to get it operational. It is working now and I rewrote the timeout function so that any changes in the GUI will cancel the countdown.

Updated to v1.3:

v.1.3 Changelog

• Added new GUI options for section enable/disable
  • Added progress bar for timeout
  • Fixed (finally) the timeout bug: Timeout is cancelled if anything changes on the page
  • Added new security section parameter: Forced Logon that enables autologon upon user logoff
  • Added new security section parameter: Disable Administrator (disables the original/renamed administrator account)
  • Redesigned the GUI so that it fits in 640x480 resolutions

Updated first post and uploaded the new version

Enjoy :hello:

CF

Thanks again, just a couple of niggles, when changing the value for Force logon in the ini file to 1 the check box is not checked when the program runs, is this by design?.

The others are purely cosmetic, the "Create Fake Guest" check box isn't equally spaced and the "Hide renamed Administrator" does not have the first letter of renamed capitalised as the text on the other options. If I'm being to picky or a ball buster, please feel free to F@!k me off :P .

Loving the new design and progress bar though.

Thanks

@benners

Right ... The checkbox issue was just a GUI glitch and was easy to fix. Fixed the other two aesthetic details and re-uploaded the same version (check the first page of this post). Since there are no functional changes I am not altering the version number :P

@Yurek3

Glad you like it :)

CF