Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

jago_lfn

i have the 7800gt with hdr enabled and im all fine, ill use fraps to check out my fps tho, sometimes is gets laggy but not often.

edit: im getting anywhere from 30-60 both inside and outside

I get 28-45 outside and 37-80 inside according to fraps (version 2.7.2) using 1024x768x32 with hdr and nvidia driver version 81.98. 84.25 gave me too many problems. The game put the settings at very high on first run and i havent messed with any. Only lags here and there mostly when loading area and when i get into a heavy battle with 3 or more people.

Played it for a bit last nite, SWEEET!

FULL detail, and runs like a charm, well impressed.

But do agree, the inventory is now crap in comparision to the old one, oh well, acnt have everything :P

Just got one problem when chaging rooms via a door, games blacks out, and i hav to reboot.

But if what jago_lfn says, that 84.25 drivers gave him problems, ill try the old ones also, see if that fixes it.

i am also running at 1280x1024

Good for you. Yeah, I had the game crash on me once last night turning slightly to the left after coming out of a house, apparently it was a sound iddue, but the SB Live cards are said to be excluded from the list of problematic cards, the Audigy's and so forth.

i am also running at 1280x1024

Good for you. Yeah, I had the game crash on me once last night turning slightly to the left after coming out of a house, apparently it was a sound iddue, but the SB Live cards are said to be excluded from the list of problematic cards, the Audigy's and so forth.

eh? I'm using an Audigy 1 and have had no problems whatsoever with sound. Maybe a driver update would help?

Also has anyone else noticed how different it is when it storms in oblivion than from morrowind? Some of the storms seem to get rather severe and the thunder is believeable now. Thunder always sounded so fake in morrowind :wacko:

Hey all,

I installed this last night and it blew me away!

Could any1 with experice reccomend a good character to be, I like to use magic but im not sure what to be :(

I'm at the end of the sewers and I have a chance to revise my character ;)

also take a look at the sky, both at day and night, they really did include amazing graphics.

Amazing indeed. I love how right at dusk when it's all orangeish and then it starts to fade to night, thousands of stars... and the two moons... it just has to be seen to enjoy :w00t:

@glent

It's really all down to personal prefrence really. I've played though morrowind several times starting new games and i always find it's best to use imperial or dark elf (dunmer). Never really cared to be nord as they get knocked down too easy (poor starting agility) or wood elf and I've avoided being argonian and kajhit right off due to not being able to use helmets and boots. Things may be different in oblivion though i haven't checked.

Edited by jago_lfn

It's really all down to personal prefrence really. I've played though morrowind several times starting new games and i always find it's best to use imperial or dark elf (dunmer). Never really cared to be nord as they get knocked down too easy (poor starting agility) or wood elf and I've avoided being argonian and kajhit right off due to not being able to use helmets and boots. Things may be different in oblivion though i haven't checked.

@Jago_lfn

Yeah it has been fixed, I've got a Kajhit wearing boots and a helmet, (daedric i believe) my first play through morrowind was Kajhit and I was quite dissapointed at not being able to use boots or a helmet but on Oblivion you can wear boots+helemet on a kajhit (not sure about Argonian though)

ould any1 with experice reccomend a good character to be, I like to use magic but im not sure what to be :(

download the PDF for the Strategy Guide. It's a *must-have* for Oblivion.

i am

race:dark elf

birthsign:steed

class:battlemage

i found this to be an amazing mix

the dark elf is pretty much resistant to fire which helps out a whole lot while destrying oblivion gates

the steed gives you 20+ speed points, so running away from guards when u steal something is easy

the battlemage i guess helps with sword and magic

ould any1 with experice reccomend a good character to be, I like to use magic but im not sure what to be :(

download the PDF for the Strategy Guide. It's a *must-have* for Oblivion.

I'm guessing that would be illegal? I paid 20 dollars for the real guide from ebgames so i have a nice thick book i can look at without having to alt-tab :D

I bought the one for morrowind as well. it's all worn out and the cover is almost torn completely off heh

Edited by jago_lfn

Heh have fun collecting those :D I'm Listener in the dark brotherhood now and all i can say is wow to how it all happened. Most unexpected events and that was just gross what the black hand did to Lucien. I'd give more info but i dont want to spoil it for people who havent done it yet.