USB & Hardware Wizard

mrwrx

Hi to everyone & Thanks to all who Make & help make nLite what it is :thumbup

I having a small problem. Every time I put in a usb memory stick in (64mb,512mb ect) the "Found New Hardware Wizard " pop's up.. What am I taking out in my Xp CD to make this appear everytime i put in a different usb stick..

I have also done a nLite with just SP2 & all the hot fixs and the Found New Hardware Wizard does not pop up it just loads automatically which is what i would like....

Could someone please have alook, would great :D

Last_Session.ini

Edited by mrwrx

Hey Thanks Gouki .. but i leave windows standed and its ok i don't have the problem .... but when I run it throw nLite i have the problem . I think I know what your talking about but I thought that was for stopping the pop up you get when you hold your mouse over files to get file size etc

but i leave windows standed and its ok i don't have the problem .... but when I run it throw nLite i have the problem.....

so y is that ?????

It's asking me to install drivers for the usb before it will let me access the usb...

• 3 weeks later...

Dont worry I know what it is you are talking about.... I am also experiencing that same exact problem. Original Windows XP will auto install most USB Pen Drives... Yes it shows the popup at the bottom thats its installing but it never brings up a Found New Hardware Wizard to select the drivers. The modified Nlite XP CD now after i guess some particular file is removed Windows XP no longer auto installs the USB Pen drive but instead now Prompts you with a Found New Hardware wizard so you can manually choose the USB Mass Storage Device... So as you can see even if you disable balloon popups it makes no difference, you will still get the Found New Hardware prompt.

So i guess what i will have to do since no seems to know the answer or even bothers to try to figure it out, I will do several Nlite Modification test to figure out what really causes this issue... then I will return with my findings

I have the same problem. But, in my case, I don't think that generic USB drivers are missing from nLited CD because I'm able to install them from C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder (I just specify that folder when ANH wizard appeares). Maybe those drivers are on CD but just not registered or something.

TiQz u hit the nail on the head, that the S#$% I was talking about !!!

I never got around to doin what u are about to do, but I did intergrate Bâshrat the Sneaky Drive Packs into me nLite disc and that fixed the problem :thumbup . It would be good to find out y thoe. :D

The only other problem now is when i load my new disc on to my raid setup with intergrating all the DP's i have reboot problems and a crapy audio problem (to do with the mic) :}

Edited by mrwrx

• 4 months later...