foobar 2000 v.9 Released

keytotime

http://www.foobar2000.org/

http://www.foobar2000.org/foobar2000_0.9.exe

- Reworked UI structure, removed various redundant / rarely used features.

- New: Media Library, replacing old “database” functionality.

- Improved playlist management - better handling of multiple playlists, native multilevel undo and more.

- Changes in title formatting script (field remappings) to make common operations easier.

- New: Converter, replacing old “Diskwriter” component. Includes album image writing (cuesheet creation, direct encoding to MP4 with chapters), preview generation and multi-CPU optimizations. Most popular encoders are supported out-of-the-box; more encoders can be added using generic commandline encoder setup.

- Improved support for specific file formats: faster tag updates with MP3 and FLAC, new native ID3v2 support, rewritten MP4 support now including chapters, rewritten cuesheet handling with improved handling of embedded cuesheets, improved AAC streaming support, and more.

- Various speed optimizations, improved UI responsivity during time-consuming operations; better handling of overkill playlist scripts.

- New: file type associations page in preferences.

- New and improved ReplayGain scanner with proper multichannel support and multi-CPU optimizations; now with option to apply RG adjustment directly to audio data in MP3 files.

- Improved audio CD support, with simple secure ripping functionality.

- Rewritten network code.

- Improved security by replacing various third party libraries with own implementations.

- Various usability improvements.

- Dropped Windows 95/98/ME/NT4 OS support. Windows 2000, XP or newer is now required.

:huh: News is news , i did not know that if one of the sites or forums posts a particilar news , you cannot post them on other forums

Maybe we have to stop posting links to news and articles posted on other sites and forums then since they have already posted it :(

I do not intend to be rude or anything , but i dont see any point in not posting a news article over here just because i got the lead up from some other place !

Edit -

but at least he is not overtaking the news from neowin and post them here.....

If Mods and other members find it wrong , i will stop posting the news got from there over here and then we all can join neowin to stay abreast with the current happenings and releases !!

Edited by alsiladka

:huh: News is news , i did not know that if one of the sites or forums posts a particilar news , you cannot post them on other forums

Maybe we have to stop posting links to news and articles posted on other sites and forums then since they have already posted it :(

I do not intend to be rude or anything , but i dont see any point in not posting a news article over here just because i got the lead up from some other place !

Edit -

but at least he is not overtaking the news from neowin and post them here.....

If Mods and other members find it wrong , i will stop posting the news got from there over here and then we all can join neowin to stay abreast with the current happenings and releases !!

goodbye than alsiladka, we dont need you nor neowin to find our news

Well, you can post some news thats okay, but what irritated him was

and then we all can join neowin to stay abreast with the current happenings and releases !!
you should not do that, promoting one forum at another! Our forum has plenty of our own unique stuff, all that neowin seems to have is spam in abundant numbers.

Did you ever read forum etiquette & welcome & guidelines? (links in my sig)

you should not do that, promoting one forum at another! Our forum has plenty of our own unique stuff, all that neowin seems to have is spam in abundant numbers.

I really do not wish to increase this Parathp , but the reason why i said that was satirical. Even i love MSFN , and evey friend over here should also be aware of the latest happening is why i post the news over here as soon as i get them from anywhere on the net.

Even for me MSFN is the best on the net :thumbup

the part that gets me, isn't so much that you're copying things from neowin, but simply that you're not citing your sources. Instead, you see their article, copy paste what beheaves you, and site the source as their source and not Neowin.

the part that gets me, isn't so much that you're copying things from neowin, but simply that you're not citing your sources. Instead, you see their article, copy paste what beheaves you, and site the source as their source and not Neowin.

:) If i got you right , you mean that when i get my news from neowin i should post neowin as the source? :unsure:

Although i try to keep the end article as the source to make access easier, will follow what you directed from next time :)