AOL

cookyr

Please can someone help me out here the problem is this

When i try to open up a page on Aol it takes ages to open up yet when i use Internet explorer the page is there almost instant anyone got any ideas ?? :)

cheers

There is a cache in the AOL browser that you need to empty once in a while. I forget how to do it in the UK version. Try AOL Keyword, cache, maybe that will give you instructions. There is a public chat room called Mac or PC. They know it all :)

try this

aol 7 >customise> prefs >font text and grafix ----reduce max space for online art to 1 mb save close aol box will come up telling you bout removing art files once gone start aol up again

then do same but put up to 50mb.

dont close aol back down after this just sign on

aol8 settings> prefs >font text and grafix ----reduce max space for online art to 5 mb save close aol box will come up telling you bout removing art files once gone start aol up again

remove the aol adapter automatically.

Start > programs>aol>aol system information>utilities>delete the aol adapter

AOL will auto reinstall it when it starts again

If you are removing the adapter make sure norton or similar AV SW is not running as it can cause issues when aol reinstalls it

IF you have a fire wall on the system goto KW firewall support and make sure your settings are ok

LMK if this helps

But failing this use the IE its far better :)

:rolleyes:

also on the subject of cache

in program files>aol(ver)> organise delete the cache folder from here its just database of errors and slows down the aol browser no end

and it sometimes stops it opening up as well. AOL has to be closed to delete this

:rolleyes::)

good site (this one MSFN) one of me m8ts send it my way

when we update our home page very soon you mind if i add a link to it ?

that last link you posted u missed the ml at the end of html :D did not take me much to figure it out mind

:rolleyes::)