MCE Slipstreaming

Hi,

I've got Win XP SP2 MCE:

- xp mce with sp2 eng

- rollup 2 WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-usa (needs netfx1)

- mcelockpack.exe (polish localisation pack)

i slipstreamed HFs by HFSLIP (post sp2, netfx1 and WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-usa) and when i install localisation pack, win informs me that is not english ver and breaks install.

What do you think about this?

how may i make unattended installation with all updates and localistation pack?

Which hotfixes install: english or polish?

thx

You can't slipstream .Net in HFSLIP it has to be a silent installer. You can't slipstream MCE updates as MCE is not part of the Operating System. (I386 folder) You should read the instructions at HFSLIP they are very detailed.

If your using an English disc you must use english updates. As for install of unattended MCE updates the only way is by RunOnce method. the switches for Rollup2 & January Rollup for MCE 2005 are /quiet /norestart . As you already know NetFramework must be installed before Rollup2 or it will fail. As for the language pack? I have no idea.

Edited by bionicman

You can't slipstream .Net in HFSLIP it has to be a silent installer. You can't slipstream MCE updates as MCE is not part of the Operating System. (I386 folder) You should read the instructions at HFSLIP they are very detailed.

If your using an English disc you must use english updates. As for install of unattended MCE updates the only way is by RunOnce method. the switches for Rollup2 & January Rollup for MCE 2005 are /quiet /norestart . As you already know NetFramework must be installed before Rollup2 or it will fail. As for the language pack? I have no idea.

i tried to install them with runonce method , but no luck

Can u show your cmd file please ?

Here is MS's sample file:

REM .Net 1.1
dotnetfx-eng.exe /q:a /c:"install /l /q"
REM .Net 1.1 SP1
SP1-dotnetfx-eng.exe /q
REM Rollup2
KB900325-usa.exe /quiet /norestart

I call this file from cmdlines.txt

A word of warning about KB910393 which is a Hotfix (More DRM crap) for Media Player 10. Do not try & intergrate it with Nlite or HFSLIP. After first boot of installation it will grind to a halt saying that WMPLOC.DLL is not a proper Windows component. If you wish to install it go by the RunOnce method again using /quiet /norestart.

Edited by bionicman

A word of warning about KB910393 which is a Hotfix (More DRM crap) for Media Player 10. Do not try & intergrate it with Nlite or HFSLIP. After first boot of installation it will grind to a halt saying that WMPLOC.DLL is not a proper Windows component. If you wish to install it go by the RunOnce method again using /quiet /norestart.

I have a hacked sfc_os.dll , so i dont get that message "not a proper Windows component"

Edited by muiz

• 1 month later...