Digital Camera suitatability

jimbobski

I am considering purchasing a Canon Sureshot digital camera and according to the blurb, it is compatable with Windows 98se and above. I have plain old 98 and wondered if the camera will still work with it. Anybody out there got any ideas or better still, experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Why not get your camera, get a USB media card reader transfer your image files that way from camera to PC and call it a day?

Agreed. I got a Canon digital cam and this is what I do. It's WAY easier. Just make sure you unplug the reader when you don't need it. It raises hell with Apple Quicktime saying there is no disk in drive X. Blah.

You may get it to work without "upping your OS" to SE... but then it may not work properly either. If the option is availible.. I would up to Windows XP and call it a day, bro.

i would say that if it says that it supports win98se and above, that probably means it wont support anything below :), like win98

btw, the card readers are often support win98se and above as well, so if you getting one, be carefull