Drivers Instalation in Post-Install stage (New Method)

MadBoy

Sorry Madboy but I just finished testing version 7.2 and the same thing happened. If you send me the links for the last five versions or so I would be happy to test them. I only need about an hour of time for each test. Thanks

Edited by toastycheese678

Sorry Madboy but I just finished testing version 7.2 and the same thing happened. If you send me the links for the last five versions or so I would be happy to test them. I only need about an hour of time for each test. Thanks

Send me message with your email and msn number and i'll contact you asap as i will have compiled versions of oldest codes i have. Thanks

Was looking for a new method of installing drivers, other than those from Bashrat because the base installation skipped 2 hardware components.

With this method I could put the 2 missing drivers manually in a drivers folder on the dvd

I'll wait for the new version that coudl come out shortly I hope :rolleyes:

Was looking for a new method of installing drivers, other than those from Bashrat because the base installation skipped 2 hardware components.

With this method I could put the 2 missing drivers manually in a drivers folder on the dvd

I'll wait for the new version that coudl come out shortly I hope :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for report from toastycheese678 if the versions i sent him work. Then i can compare the changes i have done and maybe the program can be back on track ;p

Madboy

So i just saw that last reply today and thought hmmm.... I never got an email from Madboy. I just thought you were busy or testing yourself. Sure enough I go and look in my spam folder right now and there it is. :whistle: Good news is I have a testing environment setup that I can use today so your results should be available within eight hours, depending on how much other work I must accomplish.

Madboy

So i just saw that last reply today and thought hmmm.... I never got an email from Madboy. I just thought you were busy or testing yourself. Sure enough I go and look in my spam folder right now and there it is. :whistle: Good news is I have a testing environment setup that I can use today so your results should be available within eight hours, depending on how much other work I must accomplish.

No problem. I would put myself in spam if i could asap ;P

I tried the earliest 6.6 version and I still froze up. I couldnt pull the log file because my entire computer locked up. Additionally, my cpu percentage usage is 0% but the computer is still locked up. I can move the mouse but thats about it.

One thing that might be a problem is that the program is finding my audio and my video drivers which are not installed by default on the testbed, but it is also finding a :

NR - 3

Device ID - ROOT\LEGACY_SERIAL

Device Name - Serial

Problem ID - 24

Could this be the problem? I will try to run the program with advanced settings ignoring Problem ID 24 and just do 28 for the other two drivers

Heres the log for this first test:

hardware.log.txt

Second try and same thing happened. However, It still recognized the serial device as a problem even though I set the ini file to only worry about problem IDs 28.

Next test I will try to run 6.6 with the device manager open, hopefully seeing if any devices are removed.

Heres the modifed ini file I used and the second log file

If you have any specific requests for test runs let me know asap

hardware.ini

hardware.log.txt

Alright third test results are in. Same thing has happened. I checked device manager and kept it open while removing devices and my video nor my audio unknown devices were removed. devcon32.exe was running at 100% the entire time. After ending the process I let it run and nothing happened.

Then I manually removed those two devices and it detected the only root\serial device. I couldnt remove that device because I dont even know what it is talking about. Same thing happened. I ended the devcon32 process and the program went through finishing up the rest of its stuff. It finished by saying it didnt install any drivers and that it would terminate in fifteen seconds. However, it never did. The process services.exe was running at close to 100% and I couldnt manual end a windows process.

Here are the ini and log files again. Now ill just try each specific version but dont get your hopes up.

Is it possible that a new Windows update is causing these issues? Just a thought

hardware.log.txt

hardware.ini

Alright third test results are in. Same thing has happened. I checked device manager and kept it open while removing devices and my video nor my audio unknown devices were removed. devcon32.exe was running at 100% the entire time. After ending the process I let it run and nothing happened.

Then I manually removed those two devices and it detected the only root\serial device. I couldnt remove that device because I dont even know what it is talking about. Same thing happened. I ended the devcon32 process and the program went through finishing up the rest of its stuff. It finished by saying it didnt install any drivers and that it would terminate in fifteen seconds. However, it never did. The process services.exe was running at close to 100% and I couldnt manual end a windows process.

Here are the ini and log files again. Now ill just try each specific version but dont get your hopes up.

Is it possible that a new Windows update is causing these issues? Just a thought

I've got an email that 0.7.1 is working just fine. Can you confirm this? Also set the Problem_Ids to 01,10,18,24,28,37,39

or just remove the whole line from .ini file. Also program displays all Problem ID's not only the ones to be removed. So there can be situation that you see more devices displayed then the program will try to remove. Also

Device ID - ROOT\LEGACY_SERIAL is nothing to worry about ;) Thanks to everyone for the testing.

Actually i think i'll just move some parts of the code from hardware_standard 0.7.3 to hardware_professional 1.0.1 and release it and we will see if it works any better. It has diffrent aproach and all so it might not be affected by the crashing.

Tried 7.1 and it didnt work. The program went farther for me and finished "Removing unknown hardware from system." and was actually on "Removing hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&SUBSYS_01F51028&REV_00." Then it froze up.

Am I not giving the program enough time to remove the device? Personally I give about four minutes and then I assume it crapped out.

Let me know

hardware.log.txt

Tried 7.1 and it didnt work. The program went farther for me and finished "Removing unknown hardware from system." and was actually on "Removing hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&SUBSYS_01F51028&REV_00." Then it froze up.

Am I not giving the program enough time to remove the device? Personally I give about four minutes and then I assume it crapped out.

Let me know

Removal of device should be instant. Also the program after adding everything to registry should take a couple of seconds per device, maybe a bit more. So the whole process wouldn't be so long overall. It was preety fast in everything most of the time except the unpacking part where my program uses 7zip but that's up to your computer power. I was given a tip that after computer crashes you can do following:

In two different systems, I booted to a PE CD (ubcd4win v3.05), loaded the registry hive from the boot drive, and changed the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath to back to "%SystemRoot%\inf;". I know that the ~15000 character string will freeze windows without even restarting.

It brought back computers to live. However the thing is i checked your log and you have 1024 chars in registry so i don't know why would it crash in your case. I don't think there's sense in any more testing. I will just remove some code and put some new one. Might take some time but it should work better i guess. Just gimme time. I am currently realy busy at work with other projects that might release to public aswell and then i have some vacations. So might take 1-2 months for me to give you new fully working version. THanks for testing and keep poping here now and then or just set the thread to mail when new post arrive. I will try to fix stuff asap and post new version here.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this project still going? I found this thread about a month ago in my web travels and have been waiting patiently for the new release. I have been using Bashrats drivers for like 3-4 years now and love the idea of being able to put this on a standalone cd, or better yet my usb flash drive. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Non of the links work as there was a bug in my program that I have to fix. Since i couldn't get the old program version to work i decided to use my other project which is called Pro-S Hardware Professional which uses a bit diffrent methods then my old one. So now i have ported some old code to new proggy and basically now i just need to do few tweaks and i will start testing how it works (if it works ;p). When i will get it to do what old proggy was doing i'll release and just start working on additional features to it. Anyways for information it should be ready in about week or so (if the tests will be sucessfull). If not it might take longer. Anyways just add this thread to "watching" and you will get announce when i post new version with working link. I also lost my hosting server from my ex-work so i have to find another one where i can host my domains and files.

Ps. Is there anyone that would like to prepare nice help file to my proggy? You know like many programs have (HTML based or so). I don't have much time to actually work on that and i'm preety sure someone can do it much better then i do ;)