Drivers Instalation in Post-Install stage (New Method)

MadBoy

Sounds lovely,

otherwise I might force an unknown device in the list with a devcon install :P

anyways, an other project has reached higher priority for now, so can't really implement it yet.

your program is really growing into quite something.

Changelog for 0.7.0

- Added option Force_run [ADVANCED] to ommit checking for unknown devices (even if 0 devices without drivers are detected program still can be run)

- Added option Reboot [ADVANCED] that in Automatic mode can reboot or shutdown pc after program is done running.

- Added option Plug_and_play [ADVANCED] to have ability to choose between Internal Plug & Play command and Devcon Rescan (was requested)

- Fixed hopefully 7zip problem with long filenames/spaces

ADVANCED options in .ini

Plug_and_play - possible options are Internal or Devcon. It enforces use of one of the functions depending on preferences of the user.

Force_run - possible options are Yes or No. It gives ability to force run even if there are no devices that require action. It can be used if devices are not visible yet for system when the program is run but when Plug and Play rescan command is run they would normally show up but wouldn't be able to find drivers.

Reboot - possible options are 0 or 2 or 6 or 9. Gives ability to reboot/shutdown pc after application is ending it's work. Works only in Automatic Mode. 0 means no reboot at all. 2 means reboot computer when done, 6 means run force reboot when done (closes other applications etc), 9 means shutdown and power down computer.

Cheers

Ps. If you guys have any questions lemme know :) I'll try to help.

Hey sorry for not getting back to be able to test with the beta. I'll test with this one though, and thanks!

Not a biggy kickarse. Everyone has his own work. I implemented that feature for you but it's up to you to use/test it. I don't need it so no problem.

Don't work. check on 2 computers.

@jeca

Please go deep into this device and check the error code number it has. Also please try version linked below. This one doesn't remove anything or change anything but it should show Status on device. Make sure device that is not findable by hardware0.7 is found by this one. If it is oh well then there's a lot of work for me to make it working as this is just GUI and few checks. No code. I also think that devcon might have issues with your language. I am not realy sure what might be wrong ;) It's hard to work on something that you don't have full access to. Anyways try this one and tell me if it shows anything else then OK on that Device.

http://www.pro-solutions.pl/download.php?id=2311123534

New version don't work.

error code 28 (Not installed drivers for device).

Language of Windows RUS(Russia).

On other computer, clear install windows (don't installed drivers on video, sound, PCI, lan) but this program not found this device.

Edited by jeca

New version don't work.

error code 28 (Not installed drivers for device).

Language of Windows RUS(Russia).

On other computer, clear install windows (don't installed drivers on video, sound, PCI, lan) but this program not found this device.

Sorry Jeca. Gave you wrong link. Sometimes my versioning system ain't that good and i lost myself. Here's the version i was meant to give you to check http://www.pro-solutions.pl/download.php?id=8531532142

This is Pro_S_Hardware Installer, diffrent approach. If it doesn't show anything usefull for you then i am lost :P

What we can more do is to debug how devcon.exe works for you, and why it doesn't detect your 'bad' devices.

try running 'devcon.exe status * > debug.txt ' and send that to me ;)

@jeca

debug log shows that:

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001A&SUBSYS_3A161186&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&58

Name: Ethernet- Device has a problem: 28.

This is correct entry however my program assumes that it would look like this:

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001A&SUBSYS_3A161186&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&58

Name: Ethernet-

Device has a problem: 28.

That's why the program doesn't see it. The "new" program i sent you in last post has diffrent approach and see that device. However it has no other functions added so far then detection and listing of devices and it may take a while to even make it usable ;P Don't know realy what i can suggest to you. Is anyone else having that problem? Maybe this is something common only for Russian systems? On all tested computers it was working fine so i wonder now.

@jeca i'll take a look at it on monday again and will try to add another conditional statement and have it read the problem in such cases aswell. I think i see a way to do it ;) So no worries. You will get yourself easier job!

Cheers!

New version is out. Needs testing if it doesn't crashes and if it detects/removes everything correctly. Please make sure to report everything! @JECA please test it on your computers. It was done so it works for you. But i am not 100% sure i have done everything correctly so expect even crashes ;p

Changelog for 0.7.1

- Fixed (hopefully, needs testing) better detection of devices with problems (thanks Jeca)

- Cleaned up, change code for removal of devices (requires testing aswell)

Download available in first post.

MadBoy thanks.

Now programm working.

? How disable pop-up window when copy not sertificed drivers (Method=SetupCopyOemInf)

if install drivers from DriverPack, need wery long time to close all pop-up windows.

Edited by jeca

@jeca,

You can go into Properties of My Computer / Hardware and change policy to ignore unsigned drivers. I am trying to implement that in program itself so it would be done automatically. Currently there's no other way to done it then Manually / Setting it during unattended instalation. Problem with automatic that process is that it isn't simply registry changes. It will require me to actually "go and press the right buttons" with AutoIt mouse gesture/windows controling.

I have some ideas how to do that and all. Just not realy motivated :) I use RegistryDevicePath method which seems to me little less invasing.

This must be disabled check sertificied drivers

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

0 - enable WFP/SFC

1 - disable WFP/SFC to next reebot, ask to enable

2 - disable WFP/SFC to next reebot

4 - disable WFP/SFC, off all massage

FFFFFF9D - full disable WFP/SFC.

And im fink need one correct program.

Programm registred to many not needed inf files (if yousing diriver pack 20-100)

But installing 1-10 device. (im fink need filter to device ID for install only needed inf files)