A little OT: Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center Ed

I'm interested in getting one of these keyboards (Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center Edition):

http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/pro...dd-25d1745a9734

Only problem is, I can't find any place that sells the IR receiver or the remote that supposedly comes with this IR receiver that the above keyboard needs. Anyone know where I can get this IR receiver? Thanks for any help.

Edited by IsLNdbOi

• 3 weeks later...

if your still looking for the remote and reciever and keyboard then pcalchemy sells them

you will have to buy the remote(about $40) as well as the keyboard because the keyboard

does not come with a reciever however the remote does.

Can you realistically get 30 feet out of this system? If so, how accurate (lining up kbd/sensor) for it to work?

Thanks

Don

• 2 weeks later...

works with no problems, even if it doesn't have line of sight, its a LOT better than your average tv remote signal

very useable on a permanent basis imo!

has nice keys too, similar to the coolermaster keyboard

• 3 weeks later...
I'm interested in getting one of these keyboards (Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center Edition):

http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/pro...dd-25d1745a9734

Only problem is, I can't find any place that sells the IR receiver or the remote that supposedly comes with this IR receiver that the above keyboard needs. Anyone know where I can get this IR receiver? Thanks for any help.

I am in the same boat as you bud. I want the keyboard, but don't have the IR receiever and the keyboard doesn't come with it. I am looking for just the receiever but my only option has been ebay...which sell for the same price as the remote / IR combo...so yeah...no luck...