Office 2007 Technical Refresh Screenshots

alsiladka

You can have a view at the screenshots over here at the Microsoft press site - Screenshots

image003_low.jpg

Now have a look at this Netscape image file someone posted on some other forum

animation.gif

Definitely seems a copy , isnt it? Ofcourse not a complete rip , but i found many people on the net making references to it , so thought about sharing the thoughts with you people :)

This Office 2007 look (with the curved edges and round logo in the top left corner) is not new, MS showed off this concept back in early 2004 with the first Longhorn beta.. I know as I used it.

So the question is, did Netscape have this look back in early 2004?

Edited by travisowens

Don't like this new UI. Too distracting because of too many graphical effects. The rounded corners on everything just get irritating to lok at after a while.

I'd prefer a more clean-looking standard Window with flat slate-grey buttons and menus. It's a more professional appearance. This looks more like software for 7-year-olds.

I like it very much! It is very responsive and much faster than 2003. As for the GUI yeah it is kinda childish but we may yet see a "classic" mod or selection ablity by final. I don't however like the setup mode so far I will have to wait to see what kindof unnatended options we will have the ability to use.

P.S. I do kinda like the big button though :)